Incorporating Lich Features 11/04/2014 09:07 AM CST
This subject came up in the Bad and Ugly discussion of scripting and I think this might be a better place overall to discuss it. There are some key features of Lich that quite a few players use that could potentially be added to the Stormfront Client or a new advanced client. As others have pointed out, World of Warcraft does an amazing job letting players write their own mods and then incorporating the most popular into their official client. What Lich "scripts" or features would everyone realistically like to see available through an official FE? I have my own answers but I want to let others get started.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/04/2014 09:32 AM CST
Sorter
Narost without any game secrets and the lack of the ;go2 function. Basically using game approved maps to show you where you are.
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/04/2014 09:41 AM CST
I would say go2 without the ability to do puzzles for you. The orphan guide is cute but it should just be a service available to everyone.

Also:

Prettynum
waggle
sloot (maybe without the sell feature)
Uberbar as the default interface design
Bounty Window similar to Uberbounty

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/04/2014 10:06 AM CST

voodoo, alias, sorter, multi script running (then, for example, I could use crit_type_tracker, which tells me how much RT a critter has after I cast pain on it, while at the same time skinning something), ;krakii

since multi-cast ability and spell active was updated, I have not used ;magic or ;waggle very often at all. I'd use the thought net more if I didn't have to keep doing sign of thought. It should stay on and if I wanted to shut it up I can eat tkaro root.
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/04/2014 10:07 AM CST

yes, the uberbar display is far superior to what simu offers.
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/04/2014 10:25 AM CST
Great idea, KITHUS!

And I like all the scripts I'm listed so far. Another feature (VANKRASN39 kind of mentioned it) is the ability to keep any spell function running with a mana check.

Doug
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/04/2014 10:46 AM CST
Another great suggestion was brought up on the PC. Instead of using scripts to save time, some actions could be made more user friendly overall and cause less scroll, similar to the new SPELLUP option. Some examples:

- A "sloot-like" function that lets you pre-set containers for certain types of items and condenses all that searching, picking up and pocketing into a single action/line of text
- The ability to mass sell wands, scrolls and common magic items in a container to the pawnshop so avoid the scroll there
- An ALCHEMY CREATE command for a recipe you already know that, instead of going through a screen scrolling mess of RT just makes the item and places a cooldown on making another.
- More text squelch flags to hide common scrolly stuff
- Make the pawnshop, gemshop and furrier "silent" so that you do not see people taking stuff out and selling it

Feel free to add on.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/05/2014 03:10 AM CST
>- An ALCHEMY CREATE command for a recipe you already know that, instead of going through a screen scrolling mess of RT just makes the item and places a cooldown on making another.

Holy lord, that'd be a nice one. Whether you use lich or not, has anyone EVER mastered alchemy without scripting? I'm assuming that's a resounding NO but, maybe someone will shock and amaze me.

But if we're talking about a new Front End or features, I just want to go on record that I pay to play this game, and am forced to use ONLY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE to access it. Because there's no official front end for GNU/Linux. Not even any of the web clients work! I dunno, when you're paying for a product for years, you think you'd get actual software for your dollars. I understand it's a rather niche market, but when there's no official front end as it is, that kind of puts a hamper on accessing the game from these operating systems.

I used to use Warlock (which may have ever been a Simutronics product...I'm quite unsure), but they overhauled the highlights so I was going to have to start over no matter what. Now I use Tillmen's Profanity. But if it weren't for lich (required by profanity) or these other third party products, I'd literally have to quit.

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/15/2014 07:01 AM CST

Stormfront already has something sort of similiar to both narost and go2, though more like narost than anything. At least in Vaalor a map is available and rooms are clickable on to nove to them. Though there's only a limited number of them and maps for other cities and areas weer never completed.
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/19/2014 03:46 PM CST

>has anyone EVER mastered alchemy without scripting?

I know a couple of people have. they amazed me, too.
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/19/2014 09:03 PM CST

>>has anyone EVER mastered alchemy without scripting?

>I know a couple of people have. they amazed me, too.

fail. to. compute.

Before Lich, this was really when I started doing more interesting scripts, like one for sweeping the guild, and stuff like that. I still use all of them except my alchemy recipe ones.

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 11/22/2014 11:00 AM CST
I'd like to be able to configure the FE (both!) so that a hunt looks more like this.

>nw
[The Rift, Scatter]
A white-washed baby's crib stands alone in a circle of dark stones. Snow swirls around the bed in a loose vortex. The tortured cries and wails of an infant can be heard clearly, though there is no child to be found anywhere. You also see a murky soul siphon.
Obvious paths: southeast, south, northwest
>fire
You draw back the string on your elven bow and a straight ruic arrow shimmers into view.
The soul siphon barely dodges the missile!
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
>
>fire
You draw back the string on your elven bow and a straight ruic arrow shimmers into view.
By amazing chance, the soul siphon evades the missile!
>
fire
The soul siphon is stunned!
>
fire

You have killed the soul siphon!

>
You're now aiming at the right leg of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.

It didn't carry any silver.
It had a sparkling emerald talon on it!
The ruddy pink flesh of the soul siphon bubbles and boils away into an acrid smoke.
>
You pick up a sparkling emerald talon.
You put a sparkling emerald talon in your scarab-clasped satchel.
>
[and some time later]
>sw
[The Rift, Scatter]
Dripping water has frozen in mid-cascade down the sides of the crypt's marble walls. Pillars of ice stand at the corners of a giant square pit in the middle of the floor. Within the depression, silvery grey rats clamor upon each other in a sea of squeaks and hissing, slavering with bloodlust. Several arrows have been imbedded into a nearby arch's keystone. You also see a glistening cerebralite.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, southwest
>fire
A glistening cerebralite twists and coils its tentacles, sending tendrils of electricity crawling along the surface of its brain-like form.
>
A translucent shell appears around the cerebralite, absorbing most of the blow.
>aim right eye
You're now aiming at the right eye of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
>fire
The glistening cerebralite is stunned!
A dark shadowy tendril rises up from a glistening cerebralite, writhes its way up a mystical elven bow towards you and lashes out malevolently...
Warded off!
Nothing happens.
>
fire
A dark shadowy tendril rises up from a glistening cerebralite, writhes its way up a mystical elven bow towards you and lashes out malevolently...
Warded off!
Nothing happens.
>
fire
Attack punctures the eye and connects with something really vital!

You have killed the glistening cerebralite!

>
You remove a drake dagger from in your forest-green cloak.
>
You kneel down.
>
You skinned the glistening cerebralite, yielding a barbed cerebralite tentacle.
>
You stand back up.
>
You put a drake dagger in your forest-green cloak.
>
It didn't carry any silver.
The glistening cerebralite disintegrates into a festering puddle of viscous fluid.
>
You pick up a barbed cerebralite tentacle.
You put a barbed cerebralite tentacle in your spidersilk backpack.
>sw
[The Rift, Scatter]
Countless variety and number of tattered sock puppets have been impaled upon steel pikes planted in an icy field. A few frozen patches of the once lush wildflowers can be seen; islands upon the sea of cold, packed earth. Button eyes and some of the stitching have been torn forcefully from the toys, lying scattered around the barren ground. You also see a Vvrael destroyer.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest
>
As the destroyer attacks, he and his black steel maul seem to move together in perfect tandem, making his strike look almost effortless!
A Vvrael destroyer swings a crackling black steel maul at you!
A clean miss.
>aim right leg
You're now aiming at the right leg of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
>fire
Strike pierces thigh!
The Vvrael destroyer is knocked to the ground!

Your ruic arrow erupts with a plume of steam!
... 20 points of damage!
Scouring steam strips skin from right leg!
>
>aim left eye
You're now aiming at the left eye of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
>
fire
>
Attack punctures the eye and connects with something really vital!

>
You have killed the Vvrael destroyer!

>aim right leg
>
He didn't carry any silver.
He had a fiery ruby talon on him!
The body of the destroyer twists and distorts until he shatters and dissipates into aether.
>
You pick up a fiery ruby talon.
You put a fiery ruby talon in your scarab-clasped satchel.
>
The air crackles with potent energy!
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 01/27/2015 10:48 PM CST
I'll bump this one...As far as having their own FE, I agree completely. It took me 2 days to finally figure out that Simu's FE's no longer worked as stand alone. Then I had to figure out what 3rd party software I needed and ended up with lich. Frustrating? Yes, especially to someone who has never played the game before. It is so far the only game I have played that didn't have it's own "engine" if you will to run it.

As for the post above mine...well I disagree, I rather like seeing the kill descriptions, they amuse me.

~Rayna, cleric of Oleani and Ta'Vaalor
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 01/29/2015 06:24 AM CST
>I'll bump this one...As far as having their own FE, I agree completely. It took me 2 days to finally figure out that Simu's FE's no longer worked as stand alone.

They do work as stand-alone. They are just lacking a number of features which can be found elsewhere.

Look on the bright side: At least Simutronics has an FE for your OS...

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: Incorporating Lich Features 01/30/2015 06:55 PM CST
interesting, none of them worked for me.

~Rayna, cleric of Oleani and Ta'Vaalor