Spell Idea: 1135: Wound Projection 02/22/2011 02:48 AM CST
1135: Wound Projection

Duration: 5 minutes, self-cast only

One of the final stages of any Empath's mastery of the mental arts is that of wound projection. When the spell is running, there is a chance that any wound inflicted upon the Empath will be inflicted, in turn, back on the attacker. When projecting, there is no blood loss or critical chance; only the wound is transferred, although effects such as weapon droppage or falling due to a loss of limb still remain.

Training in Mental Lore, Manipulation affects the % chance that a wound will be projected. Base 25%, +1% per rank of Manipulation.

Training in Mental Lore, Transformation allows for the chance to increase the severity of a projected wound. If a projected wound was a rank 1, it would become a rank 2. If it was a rank 2, it would become a rank 3. Base 10% to increase wound severity, +1% per two ranks of Transformation.

I still think this neat little utility spell is very Empathic. It has a few situational uses that might save your hide or give you a slight combat advantage. It also becomes extremely fun when paired with Regeneration. Mmmmmmmmm!

-Sea Wizard

>A green-eyed white cat belches, and a bolt of blue flame explodes into the air.
>A green-eyed white cat belches out a blue flame in Eugenides's general direction.
>A green-eyed white cat meows, and belches out a blue flame.
Re: Spell Idea: 1135: Wound Projection 02/22/2011 12:24 PM CST
It also gives the empath a great advantage in CvC, so I suspect this won't happen. Unless of course it is coded in such a way that only wounds inflicted by NPCs are reflected back.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Spell Idea: 1135: Wound Projection 02/22/2011 12:55 PM CST
>It also gives the empath a great advantage in CvC, so I suspect this won't happen. Unless of course it is coded in such a way that only wounds inflicted by NPCs are reflected back.
THROGG

Good point.

There should never be a point in Gemstone where an empath, or any profession, has spells that can target other players.

In fact, now that I think of it, I think area effect spells should be removed too, since it can also provide an advantage in CvC situations, and all without even targeting a specific character.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: Spell Idea: 1135: Wound Projection 02/24/2011 04:16 PM CST
This seems like a great way to do the reverse transfer ability that we've always wanted.

Also, why is your cat belching blue flame?

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: Spell Idea: 1135: Wound Projection 02/24/2011 09:16 PM CST
>Also, why is your cat belching blue flame? --Slayer

Psh... because she's the best familiar ever??

-Sea Wizard

>A green-eyed white cat belches, and a bolt of blue flame explodes into the air.
>Rimalon points at Kilthal. A puff of silver smoke envelops Kilthal. When the smoke clears, a frog is squatting in his place.
Re: Spell Idea: 1135: Wound Projection 02/25/2011 11:34 AM CST
>>Also, why is your cat belching blue flame? <<

I suspect that someone has been lacing her cat food with wasabi powder.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."