ESN - Imprint Bugs 11/30/2017 10:36 PM CST
Found a few bugs today during testing:

1. IMPRINT is frequently imprinting the same person up to the max I'm able to imprint. e.g., If I IMPRINT bob with my 50 ranks of transference all 3 slots show I'm imprinting bob and I can not imprint anyone new until I IMPRINT STOP bob.
2. I can't IMPRINT STOP someone who logs off which is really annoying. It takes up my slot until the duration runs out.
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 09:14 AM CST
Can we also change the messaging for imprint healing?

Your body thrums with the resonance of XXX's spirit surging within you.

It sounds very...disconcerting and a bit violating almost! Eck...
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 12:15 PM CST

A couple of QoL features I'd like to see:

* Remove the duration of IMPRINT and have its cooldown reduced by either Blessing lore or Transference lore. You're already limited by charges and the number of people you can imprint. There's simply not enough people to make much use of IMPRINT currently. This could be because it's new system people need to get used to but I've imprinted two dozen or so people and only ended up healing about 3 of them.
* Add a toggle to enable overwriting your oldest IMPRINT. IMPRINT <person> drops your connection forcing you to IMPRINT STOP and then IMPRINT <person> again which ends up draining two spirit.
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 12:18 PM CST
> Also there is a typo and I giggled. I've already BUG'd it but see if you can find it:

Thanks for the report. Fixed!

> That being said, would you all consider allowing us to imprint with 1140 with someone in the room? Currently it says they're in the room so no need for Solace. It seems silly to have to walk to the next room, cast solace, and then come back to have the 100% success rate.

Done and done.

> 1. IMPRINT is frequently imprinting the same person up to the max I'm able to imprint. e.g., If I IMPRINT bob with my 50 ranks of transference all 3 slots show I'm imprinting bob and I can not imprint anyone new until I IMPRINT STOP bob.

Fixed!

> 2. I can't IMPRINT STOP someone who logs off which is really annoying. It takes up my slot until the duration runs out.

This is a more complicated problem to solve, but I'll see what I can do.

> Is there any way a post-script could be added to the ESN which would allow Empaths to gain experience when healing their fellow deceased comrades? I understand the need not to allow experience when transferring wounds back and forth as "clean ups", but healing the dead should (IMO) result in experience gain.

This is an interesting idea, and I'll bring it up with the team. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 12:56 PM CST
Check the status flag == "dead" after checking the profession field == "Empath", and allow the field experience to flow.

Healing a corpse, no matter of what profession, should always offer experience.

Although I suppose that this could be abused by a pair of healers with a big stack of bleeders trading them off to each other, bleeding out, and then getting raised by vulture-Clerics with Chrism gems.
(So the field experience gained remains in their bucket, then the wounds get moved to the living one, then they get raised... in time to watch their buddy bleed out.)

Still.

It's a lot of work, and deed cost, and chrism gems, for some field experience... which can get rescinded/locked out when the mechanics abuse gets reported.
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 02:07 PM CST

And a lot harder to perform than just abusing any of the other self-damaging thinks like nerve frying from CoL, sorcs blowing off limbs or bleeding necks, etc. Healing a corpse should reward experience, imo.
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 03:29 PM CST
>This is an interesting idea, and I'll bring it up with the team. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. ~ Konacon

Thanks for looking into it.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 04:48 PM CST
>> 2. I can't IMPRINT STOP someone who logs off which is really annoying. It takes up my slot until the duration runs out.
>
>This is a more complicated problem to solve, but I'll see what I can do.

What if the duration of the imprint could be set by the empath? IMPRINT TARGET 15 to set a 15 min imprint, for a "customer" who might need it, or IMPRINT TARGET to use the max duration, for a friend? It wouldn't solve the entire problem but it might help players adjust the duration depending on who they are imprinting.
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/01/2017 10:19 PM CST
<And a lot harder to perform than just abusing any of the other self-damaging thinks like nerve frying from CoL, sorcs blowing off limbs or bleeding necks, etc. Healing a corpse should reward experience, imo.>

I don't know if it applies to all forms of self damage, but with some of them an empath will get a message saying they won't get any exp from the wound because it was self inflicted and makes them reenter the command if they wish to take the wound anyway. I had this happen to me once several years ago when healing while visiting the Landing.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: ESN - Imprint Bugs 12/04/2017 03:49 PM CST
>> 2. I can't IMPRINT STOP someone who logs off which is really annoying. It takes up my slot until the duration runs out.
> This is a more complicated problem to solve, but I'll see what I can do.

This is fixed now! You can use IMPRINT STOP on someone who is offline.

~ Konacon