ESN - Experience for Healing Dead Empaths? 11/30/2017 07:39 PM CST
Is there any way a post-script could be added to the ESN which would allow Empaths to gain experience when healing their fellow deceased comrades? I understand the need not to allow experience when transferring wounds back and forth as "clean ups", but healing the dead should (IMO) result in experience gain.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: ESN - Experience for Healing Dead Empaths? 12/03/2017 08:56 AM CST
I agree with this. I don't see any potential for abuse given that someone would have to kill their character in order to do it. It would be nice to get experience healing a dead fellow empath.
Re: ESN - Experience for Healing Dead Empaths? 12/04/2017 09:26 AM CST
With high-enough levels of empaths with Skillz, there can be substantial experience involved (moving rank3s on many locations, healing lots of blood, and--now, with ESN--moving scars).
ALL of which would be--now, with ESN--available to dump into the field bucket at once rather than suffering diminishing returns.

The wounds don't need to be self-inflicted. (Just collect up a nice big bunch of juicy bleeders; easily had by accumulating minors, if all else fails.) All the living Empath needs to do is stop-healing himself. This leads to bleeding to death. Normally to be avoided, yes, but if you're trying to Munchkin this you want to get dead.

No Death's Sting salves needed, because you're using Chrism as part of the cycle. The deaths themselves are cheap and easy--especially for the very highest levels--because instead of shelling out for expensive deeds you can get 10 for free every month with the Boost Gift.

The only thing that I could see slowing it down at all would be the availability of orb gems to be turned into Chrism, using one for each of the Empaths, and finding enough Clerics who want to get in on the experience farm.
Someone MAing two accounts with a Cleric + Empath on each could have a field-day. (As long as the Chrism gems last.)

Well, that and GM statement that it's Mechanics Abuse...

But, with all that said & apart from an intentional cycle like that, I believe that wounds--and, from ESN, scars--from dead Empaths should absolutely confer field experience.
Re: ESN - Experience for Healing Dead Empaths? 12/05/2017 08:09 AM CST
Hmm, you know how if you heal a person, they now get some of your exp into their long term experience bucket up to 250 per day?

If another empath heals an empath, does the healed empath get exp? :-P

Just thinking out loud here, but maybe let empaths healing dead empaths exp go into long term bucket with a cap per day? Seems we already have a system for that and it might allow for the check to occur when the "exp" would otherwise hit. If there is a daily limit (say, 1000?).

I have to admit, it's always awkward asking another empath if I can heal them or having another empath try to ask me and I'm like "uhhh, it'll save me time if you do! Thanks!" but still feeling awkward about it kind of isn't fun.
Re: ESN - Experience for Healing Dead Empaths? 12/05/2017 09:34 AM CST
Theres a system so that locks only give experience the first time they are picked, there might be something similar for wound transfers. No experience if the wound was acquired via transfer, a location would be marked as having a self inflicted wound when a wound was transfered to it, and no experience could be gained transferring from that location until it had been completely healed.

An empath thats bled out from transfers shouldn't give experience from those wounds being taken whether they are alive or dead, but I don't see a problem with an empath thats been eaten by a troll giving the same experience as a wizard thats been eaten.
Re: ESN - Experience for Healing Dead Empaths? 12/05/2017 10:00 AM CST
It's not a perfect solution, but in the past, it was customary for one empath to heal a dead empath, then once the previously dead empath is alive again, they would transfer all the wounds back. That shifted the healing roundtime and mana cost back to the previous dead empath.

GameMaster Estild
Re: ESN - Experience for Healing Dead Empaths? 12/05/2017 01:07 PM CST
<< It's not a perfect solution, but in the past, it was customary for one empath to heal a dead empath, then once the previously dead empath is alive again, they would transfer all the wounds back. That shifted the healing roundtime and mana cost back to the previous dead empath. >>

Yeah, this is still widely popular. Even back then, the empath who healed the dead one would often heal the wounds down to minors. This is mildly awkward for those of us who constantly run trolls blood (hey look, I healed your rank 3s down to minors for you to take back and -- oh crud, trolls blood just turned that minor into a rank 3 scar. oops. -- Trolls blood is also probably the reason that "clean ups" aren't as often requested anymore either...)

Lately, since I'm on Teras, most of the empaths who heal me will have the wounds completely healed before I even get up. And they won't take tips. Heh. They do the work, they oughta get something for it. <3

One other random aside, there is an empath on Teras who caught Cerridween when she ran back to town to get mana while hunting (yeah yeah, I run out of mana before I fry), and healed Cerridween's battle scars. It was funny because Cerridween can't take scars back and so it felt like some weird new style of master healer helping out younger healers. The new definition of "clean up" ? Haha. It amused me.