Prev_page Previous 1
ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:09 PM CST
On the eighth day of ESN, empaths learned how to IMPRINT their patients with a portion of their presence to allow them to aid them from afar... Empaths can attempt to IMPRINT anyone that isn't an empath once per hour, and using it on a player that you have a healing effect shared with will automatically end the effect.

So what does it do? I'll get to the list of rules in a second, but the effect it grants is: When a player is imprinted, the empath can TRANSFER wounds or scars (no blood) off of them from anywhere in the same realm (Mental Lore, Transference unlocks adjacent realm at 35 ranks, near-adjacent at 70 ranks, and far realm at 105 ranks). Note that this will not work in areas where magic doesn't work or areas that the player couldn't be magically located. It will also not worked if the player has been in combat of some sort in the last 20 seconds (Note: This will be called "in combat" or "out of combat" for the rest of this post).

More information:
-- Transferring a wound through an imprint costs 10/15/20 stamina per wound rank. If the empath goes into negative stamina while doing this, they will suffer serious physical injuries.
-- Imprinting costs 2 spirit if it is successful or if it is used on a player that an empath doesn't have the healing effect on. A failure with the healing effect has no cost.
-- A successful imprint lasts for 30 minutes + (3 seconds per skill bonus in Spiritual Lore, Blessings) and has 3 charges plus extra depending on the success of a healing skill check roll.
-- A player can only be imprinted by one empath at any time. They have the option to remove an imprint via "IMPRINT STOP".
-- An empath can have up to (1 + (Mental Lore Transference Ranks / 40)) players imprinted at any time. They can also remove imprints via "IMPRINT STOP".
-- When a player comes out of combat with notable injuries, an empath that they are imprinted by will be notified that they need assistance.
-- Empaths can use "IMPRINT CHECK" to see the health status of all of their imprintees at any time as long as they can be transferred from.
-- Players can use "IMPRINT CALL" when they are injured to notify the last 20 empaths that have imprinted or attempted to imprint them that they need assistance.

The roll for attempting to IMPRINT another player is affected by the following areas of training:
- Spell Research up to 1x in EACH circle. Overtraining in the empath spell circle does NOT help. Optimal training for imprinting on a level 100 character would be 101/101/101.
- Lores (Mental Lore: Transformation, Mental Lore: Transference, Spiritual Lore: Blessings)
- Physical Fitness and First Aid.

I'm sure people have LOTS of questions, so feel free to ask!

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:23 PM CST
Question Time:
As a wizard, I can have up to 20 empaths imprint or try to. And after that, I can then spam, I mean call for help the last 20 that succesfully or tried to imprint me? So all I need to do is get my empath friends to try to imprint me and I can IMPRINT CALL when I'm in need of help and they'll all get the message to come save me?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:29 PM CST
Also, is there a cooldown on how quickly I can IMPRINT CALL to spam my friendly empaths? Just asking for curiosity, not like I'd actually spam them, no never.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:30 PM CST
> As a wizard, I can have up to 20 empaths imprint or try to. And after that, I can then spam, I mean call for help the last 20 that succesfully or tried to imprint me? So all I need to do is get my empath friends to try to imprint me and I can IMPRINT CALL when I'm in need of help and they'll all get the message to come save me?

I'll have to check on it, but it might be spammable right now. If it is, that will be fixed shortly.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:32 PM CST
You should take 24hrs and relax, let us enjoy the command for a day at the least. We want to make sure we show our fellow empaths all of the love they deserve and how much they are needed!
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:36 PM CST
Can the timer be killed if there's a failure and the person is in the same room with you?

I tried to do the imprint with both empath and patient in a non-locatable room and got a failure, which I think? is expected. But now I'm not able to try it again for another hour so I can't be certain if the no-locate room was the reason or if there's some other issue or involved.

Patient just arrived.
>imprint Patient
[Imprint result: 82 (d100: 72)]
With focused effort, you split off a portion of your spirit and attempt to imprint it upon Patient, but the connection fails to establish properly. A wave of sudden fatigue threatens to overcome you.

>imprint Patient
>
You must wait about 59 more minutes before attempting to imprint Patient again.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:46 PM CST
> I tried to do the imprint with both empath and patient in a non-locatable room and got a failure, which I think? is expected. But now I'm not able to try it again for another hour so I can't be certain if the no-locate room was the reason or if there's some other issue or involved.
> [Imprint result: 82 (d100: 72)]

The imprint failed because the roll failed which does put in the one hour cooldown per that patient.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 02:58 PM CST
I can see this for things like:
- lockpicker one room over, in case the trap gets set off;
- Healer for a Reim party sitting in Icemule Town Square;
- a Healer sitting in the Misty Chamber taking care of those hand wounds from skinning myklians;
- likewise for someone sitting in the Trading Post slurping tea while someone's outside braving the blizzard finding slush-gems...

From the "I'm hurt!" side--and assuming that after the 20s clock runs, there's a message popped for the Healers--I can see things like:
- <pretty much anyone jumping into a Major Sanctuary>, time runs, then your friendly Healer back in town takes your wounds;
- Ambushers just staying in hiding for a while, and presto, they aren't hurt any more;
- Bards whistling up a quick Song of Peace so their buddy back in town can Transfer over them;
- all new and exciting uses for the shell armors (drop a Firestorm[+] outside first, so the guys who hurt you are getting blasted on while you're being healed)...

[+] See also, Order of the Stick: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0359.html
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:12 PM CST
I guess my first real "question" is, does the LTE effect (ESNday3) apply to these remote Transfers, also?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:14 PM CST
What are the definitions of "near-adjacent" and "far" realms?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:15 PM CST
<As a wizard, I can have up to 20 empaths imprint or try to. And after that, I can then spam, I mean call for help the last 20 that succesfully or tried to imprint me? So all I need to do is get my empath friends to try to imprint me and I can IMPRINT CALL when I'm in need of help and they'll all get the message to come save me?>

Let me see if I understand this properly....

You're going to be (presumably severely) injured in the wilds and obnoxiously spamming 20 empaths in good health to come to you? I have no doubt they'll come... whether you get 20 smiles or 20 casts of 1106, 1110, 111, etc is the question.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:24 PM CST
> I guess my first real "question" is, does the LTE effect (ESNday3) apply to these remote Transfers, also?

Yes.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:27 PM CST
Never said I was needing help when I want to call them. Just that I want to call them. My IMPRINT CALL brings all the empaths to the dais, they're like, its better than yours, damn right its better than yours. I can teach, but I have to charge!

Serious Note though, it's reason I brought it up so that Konacon could hopefully proactively fix it from being abused like that rather than re-actively fixing it due to some idiot doing the above.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:36 PM CST
... I'm an idiot. The stat bonus for Influence also affects the IMPRINT roll as long as the bonus is positive. A negative INF stat does not reduce your chance to imprint.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:41 PM CST
"You're going to be (presumably severely) injured in the wilds and obnoxiously spamming 20 empaths in good health to come to you?" -- Starchitin

What is this, "come to you" of which you speak?

"When a player is imprinted, the empath can TRANSFER wounds or scars (no blood) off of them from anywhere in the same realm" -- Konacon, announcement

"In Konacon Elanthia, peoples' wounds come to YOU!"
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 03:54 PM CST
<What is this, "come to you" of which you speak?>

From this: "-- Players can use "IMPRINT CALL" when they are injured to notify the last 20 empaths that have imprinted or attempted to imprint them that they need assistance."

Can only heal from afar if you're actually imprinted... so if none of those getting the call was actually imprinted on the caller, they'd have to go to them and heal them. Which brings to mind the question, is there an IMPRINT CALL IGNORE we can use to not see the messages of an individual that's abusing it?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 04:19 PM CST

is it affected by DEMEANOR?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 04:20 PM CST
> is it affected by DEMEANOR?

Yes. In the same fashion as TRANSFER.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 04:21 PM CST
"I would have healed you, but I've got your number blocked..."

Since the ones currently imprinted on you will get the notification as soon as you're eligible, they can be already working on the wounds before you get around to smacking the "I Can Has Heal?" button to everyone who is in your recent history.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 05:23 PM CST

If I missed this, I'm sorry. If someone is imprinted, does that restrict them being healed by another empath?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 05:33 PM CST
> If I missed this, I'm sorry. If someone is imprinted, does that restrict them being healed by another empath?

No. It would just restrict them from being imprinted by that empath.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 05:35 PM CST

Wish I could add to my other post. I asked this because of large groups of hunters or invasions. Or, in case of death and their empath is unavailable to rescue them or whatever? I get they'll have the wounds and scars, but will they be able to take wounds from afar, if the person is dead? Like a crit to the head kills them. Will they still have that crit or does it go to the empath that imprinted you? Bear with me; just trying to understand.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 05:38 PM CST

>>No. It would just restrict them from being imprinted by that empath.

>>~ Konacon

Ok, thanks. That sort of answers my second question, but in really large groups or invasions, I can't see me trying to appraise someone that's hit, just to find them already healed when the scroll gets to that point. I suppose I will highlight the ones that regularly get imprinted, so as not to waste time. That scroll and lag can be vicious at times! Ha!
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 05:57 PM CST
Hi everybody!

I've had a lot of people asking for more specifics on the formula for this. So, here it is! For those less mathy, look past this part and go down to the "WAT HELP ME" section.

MATH

- Start with 100.
- Add (INF bonus * 2) if INF bonus > 0.
- Add (300 * (Spell Research Ranks - 1.5 * (Level + 1))) / (1.5 * (Level + 1))
-- Spell Research Ranks is Empath + Minor Spirit + Major Spirit, with each circle capped at (Level + 1).
- Add (200 * (Lore Ranks - 0.5 * (Level + 1))) / (3.5 * (Level + 1))
-- Lore Ranks is Transformation + Transference + Blessings
- Add (150 * (Skill Ranks - 2 * (Level + 1))) / (4 * (Level + 1))
-- Skill ranks is Physical Fitness + First Aid.

The sum of those numbers / 10 is used as the base chance for the roll to imprint!

WAT HELP ME

There is a base 10% chance to succeed no matter your training.
Every 5 points of influence bonus gives 1% more chance.
Spell research past 1.5x but any ranks over (Level + 1) in each circle aren't counted gives up to 30% more chance.
Lore ranks past 0.5x in Transformation + Transference + Blessings (Can go up to 4x) gives up to 20% more chance.
Physical Fitness and First Aid past 2x (Can go up to 6x) gives up to 15% more chance.

EXAMPLES

An empath who is: 1x Empath Circle, 0.5x Minor Spirit, 0.5x Major Spirit, 1x in (Transformation + Transference), 1x in Blessings, and 2x in PF and First Aid would have ~45% chance.
An empath who is: Overtrained in Empath, 0.4x Minor Spirit, 0.4x Major Spirit, 0.5x Transformation, 0x Blessings, 2x PF and 1x FA would have ~25% chance.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 06:59 PM CST
> - Add (INF bonus * 2) if INF bonus > 0.
> - Add (300 * (Spell Research Ranks - 1.5 * (Level + 1))) / (1.5 * (Level + 1))
> - Add (200 * (Lore Ranks - 0.5 * (Level + 1))) / (3.5 * (Level + 1))
> - Add (150 * (Skill Ranks - 2 * (Level + 1))) / (4 * (Level + 1))

I forgot to specify that all of these lines work like INF. They are not counted if they are negative. So if an empath was not trained in lores at all they would just have a '0' for that line.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/27/2017 11:01 PM CST
and using it on a player that you have a healing effect shared with will automatically end the effect.

What do you mean healing effect?
What do you mean shared with?
Will end what the effect?

Do you mean like when you use transfer on them in the room and that wait time between the last wound transferred and waiting for the link to end and exp to arrive in your exp bucket?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 03:09 AM CST
Will this have a negative effect on young empaths? They already get run over sometimes by older empaths who just take wounds and run. Most of the younger empaths are not going to be able to imprint infact. How will this affect them?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 05:32 AM CST
Cerridween (lv58) has been struggling all day to imprint any of her friends. I started with a like level cleric friend (lv57) and had a success margin of +16

>[Imprint result: 89 (d100: 73)] (cleric, level 57, 1 level below Cerridween) (+16)

That seemed harsh so I re-read your post and realize this quote:

<< Imprinting costs 2 spirit if it is successful or if it is used on a player that an empath doesn't have the healing effect on. A failure with the healing effect has no cost.

What is the "healing effect" you refer to in this post?

Later in the day I opted to try doing a TOUCH <player> LINK and then grouped them and cast 1125 troll's blood (that's a healing effect right?) and even pretended to TRANSFER them when they had no wounds to activate the transfer message link.

After doing that, I got a success margin of
>[Imprint result: 38 (d100: 2)] (sorcerer, capped level 100) (+36)
>[Imprint result: 89 (d100: 52)] (warrior, capped level 100) (+37)
>[Imprint result: 86 (d100: 49)] (rogue, not capped, but more than 30 levels above Cerridween) (+37)
>[Imprint result: 68 (d100: 32)] (rogue, level 35) (+36)

I heard you might have modified the formula during the day which might be why I had such a jump from 16 to 36-37? I'm not certain though. But then I saw your MATH breakdown and my heart sunk a little. I'm just not sure where to dump training points into directly to get more. (I also have 11 ranks of summoning lore which isn't counted. Booo.)

Start with 100
+64 Add INF Bonus *2 (Influence (INF): 100 (30) ... 105 (32))
+147 Add (300 * (Spell Research Ranks - 1.5 * (Level + 1))) / (1.5 * (Level + 1)) (300 * (132 - 1.5 * (59)) / (1.5 * 59) = 13050 / 88.5 = 147.45
-- Spell Research Ranks is Empath + Minor Spirit + Major Spirit, with each circle capped at (Level + 1). (33+40+59)
+12 - Add (200 * (Lore Ranks - 0.5 * (Level + 1))) / (3.5 * (Level + 1)) (200 * ( 42 - 0.5 * (59)) / (3.5 * (59)) = 2500 / 206.5 = 12.10
-- Lore Ranks is Transformation + Transference + Blessings (20+12+10)
+37 - Add (150 * (Skill Ranks - 2 * (Level + 1))) / (4 * (Level + 1)) (150 * (177 - 2 * (59))) / 4 * 59 = 8850 / 236 = 37.5
-- Skill ranks is Physical Fitness + First Aid. (59+118)

The sum of those numbers / 10 is used as the base chance for the roll to imprint!

==
(100+64+147+12+37) / 10 = +36

So the math checks out for sure. But it also means my TOUCH <person> LINK and troll's blood and recent TRANSFER usage mattered not at all. Plus, it doesn't seem the level of the recipient matters either.

I thought this sounded pretty cool, especially with the stamina restrictions and what not. But now I'm pretty sure it's meant for capped empaths who can over train in the skills used for the formula.

With a failure costing 2 spirit, I sort of wish it was like the Sorcerer SACRIFICE cooldown. If you attempt a SACRIFICE and fail, you lose spirit but can retry again. But you don't want to retry too often or you'll weaken yourself. Once you succeed, then you're put into a hard cooldown and can't try until you come out. I think if an empath fails, she should have less penalties than a full 60 minute lockout. Spirit is a decent blocker, perhaps take stamina too if we're in soft cooldown? I don't know.. it just seems... harsh when I only have a 36% chance of success once an hour.

Am I an unusual case here? Is there something else I'm missing that's obvious? (Is this ability not meant for me?)

Cerridween (at level 58), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Bonus Current Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 159 59
Arcane Symbols.....................| 159 59
Magic Item Use.....................| 159 59
Spell Aiming.......................| 218 118
Harness Power......................| 159 59
Elemental Mana Control.............| 5 1
Spirit Mana Control................| 159 59
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 50 10
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 54 11
Mental Lore - Transference.........| 58 12
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 90 20
Perception.........................| 159 59
Climbing...........................| 130 35
Swimming...........................| 105 25
First Aid..........................| 218 118

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 33
Minor Spiritual....................| 40
Empath.............................| 77
Training Points: 555 Phy 0 Mnt (798 Phy converted to Mnt)
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 05:46 AM CST
The 'healing effect' is probably the new 15s 'window' during which you can do all of your Transfers at once (window reactivates with each Transfer) before the field experience hits your bucket.

Have someone wounded come to you. Transfer from them. Imprint on them (should cost no spirit). Watch the experience bucket line hit. Imprint on the same person again if the previous did not work (should now cost spirit).
Re: ESN: Imprint! (Maths) 11/28/2017 08:30 AM CST
Now that I've had a chance to look at the formula... It looks like my 23rd level guy (25 INF bonus, 12/15/23 spells, 3 Summon, 40 Transform, 45 PF, 70 FAid) has about a 43-44% chance to Imprint.

Seems that INFluence bonus is a huge winner in "how to make this easier" (2x multiplier),
followed by Spells (1.5x divisor),
then a big drop in efficacy to Lore (3.5x divisor),
and then physical skills (4x divisor).

Step Stat / Skill Value

- Start with 100. -- 100
- Add (INF bonus * 2) if INF bonus > 0. 25 50
- Add (300 * (Spell Research Ranks - 1.5 * (Level + 1))) / (1.5 * (Level + 1)) 12, 15, 23 116.66
[Spell Research Ranks is Empath + Minor Spirit + Major Spirit, with each circle capped at (Level + 1).]
- Add (200 * (Lore Ranks - 0.5 * (Level + 1))) / (3.5 * (Level + 1)) 40 Transform 66.66
[Lore Ranks is Transformation + Transference + Blessings]
- Add (150 * (Skill Ranks - 2 * (Level + 1))) / (4 * (Level + 1)) 45, 70 104.68
[Skill ranks is Physical Fitness + First Aid.]

438.02 total, /10 == 43.80%, give or take.

Konacon, did I get anything mis-interpreted here?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 10:06 AM CST
Just wanted to say I tested out this whole Imprint thingy last night and I am loooooving it. I think it's going to be perfect for days that I'm sitting around doing bounties / resting on nodes as much as possible while my buddies are hunting in the Rift.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 10:15 AM CST
The success chance and duration for this seems really low. There's such a long chain of IFs that need to be met before this becomes useful:

IF you don't mind burning 2 spirit,
IF there's a friend/group of friends about to hunt,
IF you don't mind choosing one of those friends above the others to safeguard,
IF you avoid the minimum 20% failure (more likely 60% failure),
IF the imprinted picks up a wound that needs treating,
IF the imprinted survived the combat and has a quiet room for 20s,
IF the imprinted is in an accessible realm/location,
IF you have the stamina available to heal the wound,
IF you aren't currently in a life and death struggle yourself,
THEN it's probably still preferable to save all the hassle and just fog to them and heal it normally.

Sorry for being a downer (and I love seeing attention given to empaths), but I don't see myself ever using this as is. Also, I don't understand the healing effect condition. Does that mean I can't imprint someone that's been resting in town and is fully healed, i.e. the usual state before returning to hunting? We should leave our potential imprintees with a minor wound until they're ready to hunt again? The 3 charges means we can take 3 wounds? Does severity factor in? What's a healing skill check roll? Will I get IMPRINT CALL-ed by someone in TV while I'm in Solhaven? What do the 100s/200s have to do with healing and why is the healing circle capped?

My wishes:

* Much higher base success chance. Bonus for people on your friends list or of the same race or for someone you've healed repeatedly over time?
* More group friendly.
* Much shorter failure cooldown. Moot if typical training gave 75-80% success and mutant gave 95-100%. Right now this is a "Maybe it'll work tomorrow"-ability and I'd rather it were a "Unlucky it didn't work this time, but probably for your next hunt"-ability.
* Much longer/indefinite duration. Failure lasts longer than the benefit?
* Less stringent in-combat restrictions.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 10:59 AM CST
"Also, I don't understand the healing effect condition. Does that mean I can't imprint someone that's been resting in town and is fully healed, i.e. the usual state before returning to hunting? We should leave our potential imprintees with a minor wound until they're ready to hunt again?" -- JGalt22

Nothing says that this HAS to be used, by every healer, all the time. Not everything is for everyone for all the time. This is certainly something that can be situational.

Most times, I know whether I get dinged up on a regular basis or if this time was spectacularly bad. (And as a service provider--be it picker, healer, or rezzer--I typically recognize repeat customers.)
"whisper soandso Hey, I tend to pick up a bunch of wounds when I'm in AreaX... can you Imprint on me, since I'll probably be there through mid-January?"
"whisper soandso Hey, I remember healing you several times over the last week... do you think I should Imprint on you, if you're going to be in that same area for a while?"
"whisper soandso Hey, I'm planning to skin myklians for the next week and a half, do you want to Imprint on me so that you can collect the hand wounds?"
"whisper soandso Hey, I'm going to go do some Purification Song on a sackful at the gemshop, do you want to Imprint on me for when I blow a hand off with an explosion?"
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 11:01 AM CST

This is not a comment or knock on your ideas, but I'm confused about:

>IF you avoid the minimum 20% failure (more likely 60% failure),

I'm tired and don't see it anywhere in ZHOUY's work, where was this stated?

And have a comment on:

>The ... duration for this seems really low.

I thought the duration for this was rather generous, and it's not even taking up a spell slot. Can we get the base duration for Animate Dead reconsidered in light of this generosity and lack of components?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 12:16 PM CST
Hi everybody!

Having read comments in lots of places, I wanted to come in and clarify some things about imprint as well as talk about some of the intentions behind it.

1) The 1 hour cooldown is per patient, not an hour for you as a whole. This means that you can try to imprint ALL the people (Just don't run out of spirit!) once per hour, each.
2) The healing effect I'm referring to is the ten second window after you have healed someone. If you have healed a non-empath in the past ten seconds, you can IMPRINT them without any spirit cost if you fail. I referenced this on the ESN day where I originally spoke of the transfer effect.
3) The chance of success for IMPRINT can never reach 100% if you look at the math. This is intentional.

The typical use of IMPRINT is intended to be used when you have finished healing someone. This is why it ends the effect (immediately granting you exp) and also doesn't cost any spirit on a failure IF you've healed that person recently. If you succeed but don't want that person imprinted, or they don't want to be imprinted by you, either of you can stop the imprint at any time.

The intent is to reward healers for multiple patients and to encourage interaction between more than just one healer for patients. The intent is not to reward people with a healing bot by letting them be imprinted by that character all the time.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 12:34 PM CST
IMPRINT ALL THE PEOPLE <3 Finally got a success now that I know the cooldown is per person, not on me.

Minor request:

>imprint check
You close your eyes and reach out with your mind, searching for your spiritual presence throughout the land...
Through your spiritual connection you sense PERSON... He is in perfect health.

Can you add how many minutes are remaining for each imprint?

Would you be willing to share messaging at any point? I don't want to miss a call for help if I haven't set up highlights yet.

---

Is anyone else trying to write up a macro to OOC whisper patients you successfully imprint just to explain what an imprint is after you heal them and ask for their permission to heal from afar? :-P
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 12:46 PM CST
* FIRSTSUCCESS just bit the dust!

well my first imprint charge just died. I guess he was in combat the whole time cause no message. Wow. I'm just a really bad empath...

>imprint check
You close your eyes and reach out with your mind, searching for your spiritual presence throughout the land...
You sense that FIRSTSUCCESS is currently under intense physical stress.

>app broi
You take a quick appraisal of FIRSTSUCCESS and find that he has a fractured and bleeding left arm and deep lacerations across his chest.
He is bleeding slightly from the left arm and from the chest.
He is also quite dead.

heals

!J>imprint check
Through your spiritual connection you sense FIRSTSUCCESS... He is dead and has 72 out of 75 health.

---

Question: does it not tell you exactly the nature of the wounds of your imprint from afar? "intense physical stress" seemed rather unhelpful. How do I know what to heal?
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 12:48 PM CST
> You sense that FIRSTSUCCESS is currently under intense physical stress.

This means that the target is currently flagged as "in combat" so you can't tell what their injuries are yet.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 02:52 PM CST
>IF you avoid the minimum 20% failure (more likely 60% failure),

>>I'm tired and don't see it anywhere in ZHOUY's work, where was this stated?

Level 100, 101 MnS, 101 MjS, 101 Emp, 202 Tranform/Transfer, 202 Blessings, 303 PF, 303 FA, 25 Inf bonus = ~80% success rate.

Level 100, 67 MnS, 67 MjS, 101 Emp, 101 Transform/Transfer, 0 Blessings, 202 PF, 202 FA, 25 Inf bonus = ~42% success rate.

>I thought the duration for this was rather generous

I can't comment on how it compares to other abilities, I was just trying to picture how I'd use this. I'm not online 8 hours consecutively nor are most of my potential imprintees. Getting cooldowns, successes, healing effects, hunt/rest cycles, on/off-line cycles, and a short duration to sync up is a pipe dream, imo.
Re: ESN: Imprint! 11/28/2017 04:00 PM CST
I think this is a really neat feature, tried it some yesterday and today. I have been reading along with all the updates and am excited with these new developments. Here's my 52 cents on the IMPRINTING... Not to become a "healing bot" as was mentioned but, I could see the benefits to being allowed one person to "permanently" imprint on. I understand the desire intended with the new command, but I would like the option of being able to keep someone (like a mate) on your list, regardless of a timer or not. It'd be nice to have a choice to set a "favorite" or something for this reason. The imprint stop command could still work either way, if that person didn't want to be imprinted or if the healer wanted to remove...
Prev_page Previous 1