Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/15/2017 02:26 PM CST
On the first day of Empath Spectacular November (ESN), empaths have FINALLY realized how to be more careful and stay standing when healing leg wounds!

MECHANICS:
- Empaths won't fall down when transferring leg wounds anymore.

~ Konacon
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/15/2017 03:07 PM CST
>Empaths won't fall down when transferring leg wounds anymore.

Thanks! You'd have thought we'd learn to balance by now. (You'd have thought people would have learned to kneel by now before taking missing legs, but I guess people like screaming.)

>On the first day of Empath Spectacular November (ESN)

This sounds like more is coming. You have my attention.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/15/2017 03:24 PM CST
>On the first day of Empath Spectacular November (ESN), empaths have FINALLY realized how to be more careful and stay standing when healing leg wounds!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I've always hated the whole "scream in pain" thing. I like to RP being pretty damn pain tolerant after years and years of accepting wounds.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/15/2017 03:31 PM CST
Well, this is cool. I may still keep kneeling out of habit though.

Now excited to see what else is going to be happening!

(Curious about the R thing, but don't think it's Regenerate...)

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/15/2017 04:18 PM CST
Not sure why falling down when suddenly losing/breaking legs needed to be fixed. I enjoyed my empath falling on her face because she was absent-minded enough to forget to kneel.

Edit: It's also an excellent way to remind the unwashed heath--I mean, non-empaths of Elanthia that we're taking on their pain and not unfeeling robots to insert coin, receive healing.
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/15/2017 04:45 PM CST
>Edit: It's also an excellent way to remind the unwashed heath--I mean, non-empaths of Elanthia that we're taking on their pain and not unfeeling robots to insert coin, receive healing.

You can still scream and fall down if you want to roleplay it out.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/15/2017 05:45 PM CST

>>MECHANICS:
>>- Empaths won't fall down when transferring leg wounds anymore.

Please tell me they have to flap their arms wildly to remain upright ...

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/16/2017 08:48 AM CST
Since we know levitation now and will be required to roleplay if we want physics to apply to us I suppose we won't suffer knockdowns from critters any more? A nice benefit, to be sure.
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/16/2017 09:00 AM CST
>>Since we know levitation now

/splutter

Doug
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/16/2017 10:20 AM CST
>Since we know levitation now and will be required to roleplay if we want physics to apply to us I suppose we won't suffer knockdowns from critters any more? A nice benefit, to be sure.

I lol'd. For the record, my father is a below-the-knee amputee and he does not topple over as soon as he takes his leg off! But to be fair, he is 3x trained in one-legged hopping.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/16/2017 10:43 AM CST
"he is 3x trained in one-legged hopping." -- Maylan

He ever participate in a butt-kicking contest?

What?!?!

It's a THING! :)
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/16/2017 11:13 AM CST
> Since we know levitation now and will be required to roleplay if we want physics to apply to us I suppose we won't suffer knockdowns from critters any more? A nice benefit, to be sure.

Standing with no legs is not unique to the empath profession and it was not something that suddenly became a thing yesterday.

~ Konacon
Re: Empath Spectacular November: No Falling Down 11/18/2017 04:43 AM CST
>if we want physics to apply

There are many more serious issues of gravitation in game, like the lunar satellites or veniom airships. I think this is a nice change.

I couldn't find my analysis of the 4 moons being crazy, but this was a nice thread: http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/GemStone%20IV/General%20Roleplaying/The%20World%20of%20Elanthia/thread/1741436