High Level Spell Idea: Invert Organs 01/31/2017 02:25 AM CST

The Empath focuses their mastery of spiritual bonding with the lifeforce of their prey. The Foe will experience an overwhelming sense of acceptance, healing and optimism with the power of the Empath's magick. It is so overpowering that even should the spell fail the Target will still experience a reduced level of threat against the Empath for a short duration. The idea for the Path is
to draw the spirit and the perception of the victim into being one with the Empath who can suddenly 'pull the rug' out! When the buildup is through (a few seconds of being challenged by the spiritual will and magic of the Path), a MANEUVER based attack acts as a switch to shock the enemy into reality and displace it from its own physical self against the spiritual self which was drawn outward momentarily. The result is that the spirit snaps back into the body and in doing so causes a terrible problem within the insides of the Target! Their intestines, heart, stomach, lungs are regurgitated out of the body either detach (killing them), stay affixed but cause massive bleeding, shock, damage to the organ itself and stuns/immobility, or the organs pop into their mouth but don't quite reach beyond that which is only able to cause death or a higher crit level with followup strikes. The experience drains the Target of their mana energy and the successful warding of the caster gives a direct return on their cast.
If it's a 235 or 240 cast would think it can be pretty high, especially with SMC and other training to back it up.

It's a MANEUVER based attack, which Empaths could really use to shake things up. It's beyond BONE SHATTER and swinging a weapon-- something specific for them which is a powerful new source of offense. It's very Empath like and has a gore factor.
The mana return can compensate somewhat for the high mana cost.
Re: High Level Spell Idea: Invert Organs 01/31/2017 07:05 PM CST
I read this as invent organs, and I think I'd want to invent one that lets me hear colors from a room away. Maybe another one that makes my ears tingle when the character I'm about to locate has slammed or departed immediately after dying.