Suggestion: 1108 options. 07/28/2015 10:19 PM CDT
It is a little strange that a spell called "Empathy" can only cause creatures to panic. Let's have some more options!

Suggestion:

Empathy (1108)
When successfully cast, Empathy will induce a specific emotional state in the target. This spell is only effective on living targets.
The type of emotion may be selected before casting with CHANT EMPATHY <EMOTION>. More possible emotions are unlocked as the Empath gains ranks in Mental Lore - Telepathy.

CHANT EMPATHY CALM
Target is calmed, similar to the effect of 201. This version of the spell only costs 4 mana.

CHANT EMPATHY DEPRESSION
Target is immediately put into a small amount of roundtime. Additionally, there is a lingering slow effect of +2s per action for the duration of the spell.
This version of the spell only costs 4 mana, and will not have any effect if recast before the duration expires.

CHANT EMPATHY FEAR
Unlocks at 15 ranks of Mental Lore - Telepathy.
(Same as original version of the spell, minus the RT effect which goes into the Depression category.)
Target will run from the room in fear. In cases of a substantial warding failure, they are immobilized or may run off instantly.

CHANT EMPATHY RAGE
Unlocks at 30 ranks of Mental Lore - Telepathy.
The affected target is forced into offensive stance for the duration, similar to the effect of 216.

CHANT EMPATHY CONFUSION
Unlocks at 75 ranks of Mental Lore - Telepathy.
The affected target is assaulted with a barrage of conflicting emotions, causing it to stumble about in confusion and be unable to perform special actions and maneuvers, similar to the effect of 1211.
Re: Suggestion: 1108 options. 08/26/2015 08:18 PM CDT
Neat idea. I like it.
Re: Suggestion: 1108 options. 11/29/2017 01:53 AM CST
Ooooh I like this. Reminds me of some of the other complex spells that exist like curses for sorcerers.

And frankly, I had to open this thread up to even remember what the heck spell was in slot 1108 at all. :( So obviously I don't think to use it ever if at all.
Re: Suggestion: 1108 options. 11/30/2017 09:58 AM CST
1108 is sort of a garbage Evil Eye. I use it to get water elementals to go away in Nelemar, that's about it.