1135 Suggestion 10/21/2014 05:03 AM CDT
I am really sick of healing screen scroll. My own. I'm having fun discussions at EG, in walks someone who's been in the necropolis, and it takes six casts to heal down one body part. Yes, I have regenerate (I have 2/day actually) and use it. But it's kind of ridiculous. Arm, arm, arm, arm, arm, arm. Arm, arm, arm, arm, arm, arm. Leg, leg... etc.

What if we could have one expensive spell to replace either three or six of those casts? I honestly don't care about mana cost. I wouldn't use it to heal in TSC. It's a scroll-saving convenience only.

Or do a scaling mana cost with increased RT one could choose. There just has to be a better way for a capped empath with 341 non-enhanced mana.

~Lyradie
>With a startled yelp, a young elven child suddenly tumbles from somewhere above you, landing gracelessly in a pile of refuse!
Re: 1135 Suggestion 10/21/2014 04:44 PM CDT
>>it takes six casts to heal down one body part.<<

Why 6 casts? You aren't out in the field, so there's no rush. Heal down the wound to level 1 and let Troll's Blood take care of the minor. (I'm assuming you always have this running; I do, no matter where I am.) Then you can heal the major scars; I personally don't bother healing level 1 scars. So, that's 4 casts per body part.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: 1135 Suggestion 10/21/2014 04:54 PM CDT
I do it because perfection is important to me.

I'd like to see a bit less scroll in this regard, too. Stock up the cast RT or hard RT as appropriate, but let us clear a limb in a single cast, wounds / scars and all?

Doug
Re: 1135 Suggestion 10/21/2014 05:29 PM CDT
>Why 6 casts? You aren't out in the field, so there's no rush.

Sheer vanity, dear. I'm walking around in costume, and that costume does not include mangled body parts.

~Lyradie
>With a startled yelp, a young elven child suddenly tumbles from somewhere above you, landing gracelessly in a pile of refuse!
Re: 1135 Suggestion 10/21/2014 05:30 PM CDT
And actually, the vanity curse seems to be running at all times in town, EG or not. ;)

~Lyradie
Re: 1135 Suggestion 11/04/2014 10:40 PM CST
I think there's a blessing lore benefit in terms of scar healing that we already have.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: 1135 Suggestion 11/06/2014 04:19 AM CST
There is. Slowly working on that too, but it's not a priority. 35 of blessing, 50 transformation for 2 regenerations (nothing like a warcamp/incineration healdown scroll), but it's a long road. I'd just like an option to rid the scroll for a high cost, be it mana, RT, or whatever. When I'm in town socializing and need to heal, it's so annoying. I'm in Plat, so I guess I'm in a different situation. I can't just politely ask the person to go to TSC or whatever town's healing spot. It just also seems nonsensically repetitive. Right arm, right arm, right arm, right arm, right arm, right arm. (Or cheat and right arm, right arm, right arm, prep herbprod, summon sovyn, eat clove. Where's my clove spell?)

I'm just tossing it out as an idea for an empty slot that could be a solution for an annoyance.

~Lyradie
Re: 1135 Suggestion 11/10/2014 09:42 AM CST
While I think this is a problem that deserve a solution, I do not believe that 1135 should be utilized for it. Instead perhaps a channeled version of the appropriate wound or scar spell could take care of all levels of that wound or scar for a mana cost equal to using it 2-3 times as would be needed and any applicable RT. Rank 3 right arm wound? Channel 1102 right arm. 16 mana, whatever RT for healing all 3 and you are left with a rank 3 right arm scar. Channel 1111 right arm and for 41 mana, plus applicable RT, your right arm scars are fully healed. 6 casts becomes 2 per body part.

I would also not be averse to a HEAL ALL command which would heal all wounds and scars on your person with the appropriate RT provided you had enough mana to do so. Could even do HEAL WOUNDS and HEAL SCARS to split up the mana cost better. These types of convenience commands should not require an extra spell slot. Perhaps a skill requirement but cutting down on repetitive actions and scroll should just be a goal of the dev team whenever possible.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: 1135 Suggestion 11/12/2014 02:38 PM CST
I think this would be a neat addition to mana control training/multicasting. Prep XXX, cast 3 etc.

~Mikoguchi Chydenar; Jackal Corps.
Re: 1135 Suggestion 12/31/2014 11:53 AM CST
>>While I think this is a problem that deserve a solution, I do not believe that 1135 should be utilized for it. Instead perhaps a channeled version of the appropriate wound or scar spell could take care of all levels of that wound or scar for a mana cost equal to using it 2-3 times as would be needed and any applicable RT. Rank 3 right arm wound? Channel 1102 right arm. 16 mana, whatever RT for healing all 3 and you are left with a rank 3 right arm scar. Channel 1111 right arm and for 41 mana, plus applicable RT, your right arm scars are fully healed. 6 casts becomes 2 per body part.

I would also not be averse to a HEAL ALL command which would heal all wounds and scars on your person with the appropriate RT provided you had enough mana to do so. Could even do HEAL WOUNDS and HEAL SCARS to split up the mana cost better. These types of convenience commands should not require an extra spell slot. Perhaps a skill requirement but cutting down on repetitive actions and scroll should just be a goal of the dev team whenever possible.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

I like the channeling to heal idea. I can see where you might have to use both healing spells, but maybe there would be some way that you wouldn't have to use both. Unless the rt is reduced I don't see a need to having it cost more mana. I also think here would be a good point to help separate healing empaths from hunting empaths. Make a lore tie in to reduce the mana cost and rt associated with channeling to heal.
Re: 1135 Suggestion 12/31/2014 12:10 PM CST
Keith/Brinret/Shiun

That's exactly what Regeneration (1150) does. Yes, it should require a separate spell slot, since it's a powerful and useful ability.

GameMaster Estild
Re: 1135 Suggestion 12/31/2014 04:06 PM CST
>I also think here would be a good point to help separate healing empaths from hunting empaths.

>TROUBLE13

Just don't cripple hunting empaths so badly they mess up the fun of hunting groups they are out with. It would sour the fun of a number of players if the group had to stand around a long time while the healer recovered enough to continue hunting.

Tanivar Somakre

Healing, you want it, you shall have it.
Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/01/2015 02:43 AM CST
>> had to stand around a long time while the healer recovered enough to continue hunting.<<

Guenn is a dedicated warpath, yet no one has ever had to stand around waiting for her to heal herself. She has 0 ranks of transformation lore, but 200 ranks of FA makes healing scars with herbs really fast.

Also, what the heck sort of groups are you hunting with, that the other members would begrudge you a few seconds to heal your wounds down?? Sounds like you need to get some new hunting buddies.

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/01/2015 09:03 AM CST
Tanivar has 51 Transformation and can heal up quickly, the big reason I put the points into it early on. I typically do scars during a combat since a scar takes about 6 seconds and we're not moving during the battle and looting.

A healer without transformation and not very high level has some long healing RTs, particularly for scars. Four or five level 2 or 3 wounds and scars can take a while in RTs. Some people want to hunt, not stand around several minutes.

There are impatient folks. I had one guy recently sending me focused thoughts calling me to come into town and heal him, and asking me if I was a healer if I didn't come in. Why I removed the Service list note from Tan's healing listing. Clown made my ashat list, it's now has two dips on it.

Tanivar Somakre

Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/01/2015 09:15 PM CST
>> had one guy recently sending me focused thoughts calling me to come into town and heal him, and asking me if I was a healer if I didn't come in<<

I might, maybe, occasionally, if the stars are in a favorable alignment, do some healing in town. Otherwise "let them eat herbs" is my motto.

Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/02/2015 11:45 PM CST
>I might, maybe, occasionally, if the stars are in a favorable alignment, do some healing in town. Otherwise "let them eat herbs" is my motto.

I'll do house calls for some people, particularly if I'm hunting solo. There are a few Clerics I'll respond to if they call for a healer as well. I won't drop everything and return to town for just anyone though. We've a somewhat competent quack on North Ring Road they can go to if needed, or as you say, they can eat herbs. I set and stock that bin with bleeder herbs on occasion.

Tanivar Somakre

Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/03/2015 06:49 AM CST
>Healing, you want it, you shall have it.

Don't forget the small print ;).

Terms and conditions apply. Other healers are available. Wounds may go down as well as up. Consult your apocethary on suitable herbs for your condition.
Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/03/2015 12:22 PM CST

>Don't forget the small print ;).

>Terms and conditions apply. Other healers are available. Wounds may go down as well as up. Consult your apocethary on suitable herbs for your condition.

<g>

Tanivar Somakre
Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/06/2015 08:46 AM CST
That's exactly what Regeneration (1150) does. Yes, it should require a separate spell slot, since it's a powerful and useful ability.
GameMaster Estild

That's not correct. Regeneration (1150) heals everything for exactly 50 mana without massive RT, as well as providing some other benefits. What I was suggesting was a HEAL ALL command which would allow a properly trained empath to heal all their wounds but suffer all of the RT and the full combined mana cost for it. I was suggesting a screen scroll saver, not a time or mana saver. Now if you don't think that's a good idea that's fine. I understand you might not want to allow an empath to front load the healing. I just wanted to point out the misconception.

That said maybe a HEAL ALL command that had to target a specific body part. HEAL ALL RIGHT ARM would heal all wounds and scars on the right arm for the appropriate mana cost and RT for a properly trained empath (thinking first aid?) and maybe with a stamina cost? For a missing arm it would save the screen scroll of 6 casts by combining it down to one event.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: 1135 Suggestion 01/06/2015 02:49 PM CST
Keith/Brinret/Shiun
What I was suggesting was a HEAL ALL command which would allow a properly trained empath to heal all their wounds but suffer all of the RT and the full combined mana cost for it. I was suggesting a screen scroll saver, not a time or mana saver. Now if you don't think that's a good idea that's fine. I understand you might not want to allow an empath to front load the healing. I just wanted to point out the misconception.

I'm definitely all for making things easier, but there also comes a point where we have to avoid completely automating the game for users.

GameMaster Estild