elemental lore review and bard songs? 08/23/2015 12:10 AM CDT
Anyone have an idea if there are any plans to look at the lore requirements for 1009? Since we can only 1x in elemental lore and it takes 100 ranks of air lore to get the full size reduction for a tower shield, that doesn't leave any wiggle room. I suppose if you didn't use a shield stopping at 75 ranks of air lore would be enough get your -3 rt from 1035. Any chance these rank requirements might get lowered to maybe 25, 50, and 75 ranks of air lore so we can have some room to dabble in other elemental lores?

About 405... I appreciate that people want more information from the spell, but it only takes 3 seconds to cast and reduces the need to check with a bard, which I disapprove of as a card carrying active member of the guild. Would it be be possible to look at shortening the rt for loresinging? Could bards maybe also get the ability to identify the amount of defense provided by defender and TD boosting items, similar to how we can tell the amount of resistance?

Archales
Re: elemental lore review and bard songs? 08/23/2015 12:34 AM CDT
Archales
Anyone have an idea if there are any plans to look at the lore requirements for 1009? Since we can only 1x in elemental lore and it takes 100 ranks of air lore to get the full size reduction for a tower shield, that doesn't leave any wiggle room. I suppose if you didn't use a shield stopping at 75 ranks of air lore would be enough get your -3 rt from 1035. Any chance these rank requirements might get lowered to maybe 25, 50, and 75 ranks of air lore so we can have some room to dabble in other elemental lores?

The Elemental Lore Review will not be affecting any bard songs.

GameMaster Estild
Re: elemental lore review and bard songs? 08/23/2015 10:40 AM CDT
>> The Elemental Lore Review will not be affecting any bard songs.

Didn't want to add another spell list to an already daunting list of spells to go through for the review?

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: elemental lore review and bard songs? 08/23/2015 02:52 PM CDT
<<<Didn't want to add another spell list to an already daunting list of spells to go through for the review?>>>

I think spellsong lores are already pretty well hashed out. Perhaps they don't need a review?

~ GtG
Re: elemental lore review and bard songs? 09/11/2015 04:24 PM CDT
Even though i'm disappointed to hear it, I appreciate the direct answer on this one, no sense getting my hopes up for nothing.

As far as the elemental lore review and the minor elemental list...

402, Training in Elemental Lore, Air provides a chance to be able to point out hidden targets. The formula highly favors the hider, but will allow an extremely dedicated Air Elementalists a chance against less skilled hiders. I am just wondering how it is a benefit to train in lore, to gain a perception bonus that favors the hider and more to the point why would my spells favor my target's success over my own?

405, This seems cruelly redundant for bards, to make this the only other bonus tied to air lore when we can already loresing, but hopefully an air mage somewhere is rejoicing.

I may have missed one, but so far only 402 and 405 utilize air lore, it feels like bards are being excluded from additional lore benefits during this elr, given the air lore requirements for our songs and only being able to 1x elemental lore.

Archales

Re: elemental lore review and bard songs? 09/12/2015 12:11 AM CDT

Can still put 25 ranks in earth lore and get some good stuff with 414 and 430.
Re: elemental lore review and bard songs? 09/12/2015 12:52 AM CDT
It's hard to give up the air lore when you're using sonics though. Going for 25 ranks of earth lore by cap would cost me both 6% to the chance of my sonic weapon flaring and a shield size's worth of penalty reduction for my sonic shield.

Fyonn's player
Re: elemental lore review and bard songs? 09/12/2015 10:52 PM CDT
Well shut my mouth, thanks for the update.

Archales