Dancing Weapon/1025 05/04/2015 09:44 AM CDT
Someone just mentioned the 7 dwarven runeblades over in the 'Events' category, and it got me to thinking. Specifically about things like 'set' items like this.

What if Dancing Weapon were able to work with an actual weapon--perhaps only Artifact-grade ones, like the Runeblades? Auction-only, in other words?--rather than always creating its own ethereal one? That way a Two-Weapon bard of high enough level could actually use three of the dwarven runeblades himself... :)
Re: Dancing Weapon/1025 05/04/2015 11:06 AM CDT

I like. I'd be worried about losing the weapon but I always worry about that. Maybe it snaps back to a sheath if dispelled or something? Dunno. Like the idea overall.
Re: Dancing Weapon/1025 05/06/2015 04:25 PM CDT
Walk me through this Robert? I'm not braining what you're suggesting..

Singing Sword would sing up a copy of what you have in your hand that is artifact grade? Then swing with your normal swing? Or am I misunderstanding completely?

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Nature of rebellion, means to an end. Sometimes men are tempted by money and power and they forget what end they're serving. ~Brendan Roarke, SOA Irish King

AIM: LdyStrmyRn
Re: Dancing Weapon/1025 05/07/2015 09:30 AM CDT
(Note that I called the SpellSong by what it should be named, Dancing Weapon, not what it is mis-nomenclatured as, Singing Sword. This is an article of disagreement dating back to me arguing at Solli.)

No, it would animate an actual weapon.
The down side would be, the potential would exist for an (extra!) actual weapon to drop to the ground if you died.
The up side is, you would be able to have your higher-than-+35-and-more-scripty-than-air-flares weapon being used on your behalf.
(And including specifically getting the "more of them in the room at once" benefits--now that you have a third one rocking--if you are also Two-Weaponing with dwarven runeblades; this was the specific source of my suggestion.)