Palestra Trial Schedule 02/27/2018 09:01 PM CST
Thursday March 1 9 PM EST ~ informal reception held in Mahkra Academy.

Friday March 2 at 9 Formal Presentation of candidates
Trials Part 1

Saturday March 3 9 PM est Trials part 2

There will be a portal in the Faendryl Embassy for all Faendryl who wish to attend.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 02/28/2018 12:58 AM CST
Glad to finally see a schedule for this weekend's festivities.

I finally did get to talk to Aurach ingame with my candidate character, but last I knew he had yet to decide upon which candidate he was supporting, and of course now he's quit in any case, so it seems likely that Arku's candidate will be the only one in action. Ultimately, between that and my west coast US night shift work schedule, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to attend at all. I hope it's an enjoyable time for Arku, his candidate, and the spectators.

https://gswiki.play.net/Marijka

Laelithonel: Mari is like getting a giant wheel of smoked gouda with a cute pink bow on it
Laelithonel: it's exciting. i'd love the wheel. i know eating it will kill me
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 02/28/2018 05:14 AM CST
I am sorry that the times are not working out for you. Trying to schedule for all time zones, work situations, and other variables perfectly is an impossible task, and we all do our best. I sent the blades a schedule that I could do with my work schedule and asked for them to talk to their apprentices. When I had confirmation that we could all be in the same place at the same time, I put it in stone.

I tried to be around at different times over the weekend and even posted a request that anyone with different schedules let me know when their normal playing hours were so I could try and schedule things and help connect characters. I did some earlier hours which I hoped would work. I am not sure how else to schedule events, but I will see what I can do in the upcoming months.

Arku is not the only blade with an apprentice, and I am looking forward to seeing the great RP everyone (blades, candidates and spectators) brings to the event.

I am hoping all Faendryl will have a good time getting a glimpse of NTF and interacting with each other in this new setting.

I am definitely taking note of all suggestions and feedback for my next round of planning. Trials will not be going away, but hopefully with new ideas they will keep getting better.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 02/28/2018 11:24 AM CST
Thanks, Valyrka. Looking forward to that glimpse of home!

~Raethir’s player
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 02/28/2018 11:50 AM CST
Faendryl only? No Dhe'nar allowed to observe?

Avaia, player of
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 02/28/2018 02:09 PM CST
>Faendryl only? No Dhe'nar allowed to observe?

Similarly, I assume half-Faendryl will be barred as well, but wouldn't mind confirmation before I run out and try the portal myself. ;)

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 02/28/2018 05:58 PM CST
Valyrka, I apologise sincerely if I've come across as being upset or angry with you about my being unable to attend. I do truly believe that you work hard to be as inclusive as possible, as I've heard over and over the degree to which you worked with Noira's player at the last trials to ensure that she was able to participate. Admittedly I feel a little wistful disappointment, but as you might imagine, scheduling conflicts across any number of social activities are completely routine for my schedule, and I'm generally the first to advise people that trying to work things to include me is the best way to ensure that nobody else will be able to make it. I'm not being passive-aggressive or sarcastic when I wish well for those who are able to attend, although given how difficult it is to convey tone in plain text, I can certainly understand if I may have sounded like I was.

As far as there being more than one Blade with candidates, I seem to have made some unwarranted assumptions at some point. My understanding had been that Noira's player quit playing some time ago, and that Durokar hasn't been seen in quite some time either, thus leaving Aurach and Arku. With Aurach having posted several days ago that he's leaving the game, that seemed to leave Arku as the only remaining existing Palestra player. It seems evident that there's things going on that I don't have knowledge of, so I apologise for having run with my conclusion based upon incomplete or inaccurate information.

https://gswiki.play.net/Marijka

Laelithonel: Mari is like getting a giant wheel of smoked gouda with a cute pink bow on it
Laelithonel: it's exciting. i'd love the wheel. i know eating it will kill me
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/01/2018 05:02 AM CST
Sorry I did not answer this last night.

Only full Faendryl are allowed in the city.

Tonight's event is an informal reception, full Faendryl should feel free to come and mingle with each other and some other persona from NTF.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/01/2018 01:20 PM CST
re: tonight's informal reception. You previously said 9, but the calendar says around 7 EST and I'm hoping to get this clarified.

Thanks!
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/01/2018 02:29 PM CST
It is 9! That is so weird. 7 was never listed on my version of the calendar at all. All fixed up. 9 PM EST each night.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/01/2018 02:41 PM CST
Thanks for the quick reply!
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/01/2018 02:46 PM CST
>Only full Faendryl are allowed in the city.

Thanks for the confirmation, V. I thought that's how it was, but wasn't sure if I was going on assumption or not. (Halfbreeds are great comic relief, hint hint.)

I'm going to miss a bunch of this due to RL obligations tomorrow and possibly saturday, but I should have someone around tonight, at least.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/01/2018 03:17 PM CST

Halfbreeds also make excellent targets.

Saffrey
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/01/2018 05:03 PM CST
>Halfbreeds also make excellent targets. -Saffrey

https://media.giphy.com/media/TP5sMky0w0HV6/giphy.gif

---
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/03/2018 11:35 PM CST

https://gswiki.play.net/Palestra_Trials_5118/day_1

first log is up
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/05/2018 01:01 AM CST

https://gswiki.play.net/Palestra_Trials_5118/day_2
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/08/2018 12:08 AM CST

https://gswiki.play.net/Palestra_Trials_5118/day_3

until the 19th!
Re: Palestra Trial Schedule 03/08/2018 01:09 AM CST
Thank you for recording and posting for posterity!

---