Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/15/2016 10:40 PM CST
Tonight Master Jahosk of Mahkra Academy accepted four new Palestra. They are known as Blade Arku, Blade Durakar, Blade Aurach, and Sarissa Noira. They have worked hard and have used this opportunity to show their RP skill. It was amazing to watch them in action over the last few weeks.
Excellent job to you four and all those Faendryl who came to watch. You really made my week. Also, these four are for hire!

Thank you to SGM Galene and Haliste for working through this project with me as well as APM Liia. GM Scribes, GM Flannihan, and GM Mariath for their help with QC on the new area, and document and for ideas on the document.

And Thank you to the players who gave me the chance to bring this event to life.

Awesome job to everyone! Thank you!

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/15/2016 10:59 PM CST

Seriously great event. I hope Mahkra continues to invite outsiders into its ranks every so often.

Log will be delayed on my end. If someone else wants to clean it up and post or send it to me and I'll post, please feel free. I do clean up typos and remove both IC and OOC whispers.
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 02:08 AM CST
Thank you so much for this event and for giving players with Palestra-themed characters a way to connect with official Faendryl history and culture. Seeing the four new Palestra get their titles was wonderful, and so was the bit of subtext with the other Masters who maybe weren't as fond of Mahkra's going so far afield for candidates. Hmm, was that a hint at some intrigue we'll be seeing again sometime? I'm excited to find out!
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 07:55 AM CST
Congratulations to all four candidates on your success. I'm sure all four will have no shortage of offers. I've already hired Durakar. Mine.
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 08:02 AM CST
Congratulations new Blades and Sarissa! Well fought and neat Title.
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 09:47 AM CST

The entire process was enjoyable. Seeking out player Faendryl, asking for their support and letter of recommendation. Tracking down the Blade Schalyne in different cities in the lands. Being accepted to the trials. Participation in the trails, individual display of skills (no magic or hiding allowed), night two, combat (magic and hiding allowed, thank the Arkati). The three battles had a really nice flavor, candidates against each other, against a Faendryl Master, and then bringing the candidates together to work as a team against the demons was really well done.

I would like to thank Valyrka, and all the gm's that worked on this. The area was fantastic. The trials had a really good feel to them. Enjoyed seeing the npc's subtle intrigue in the background as well. I would also like to thank all the players that brought Faendryl to support the process. Looking forward to more of these type events.

Congratulation's 'Wanderers'

Blade Aurach, the Palestra

John
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 01:44 PM CST
I can't say this any better, so I'll just have to "ditto". Much love for all the effort put in by everyone!
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 03:37 PM CST
Watching this play out was enjoyable, thank you to everyone involved.

I might suggest that in the future, in lieu of either letting non-Faendryl in to watch or continuing to exclude, that some sort of viewing setup (an orb, or whatever) be arranged for those who'd like to observe and support who aren't Faendryl. I know of at least a few people who really would have liked to watch who didn't have Faendryl characters of their own. The exclusivity of attending made sense, but it would make for a better player experience to work around in an IC fashion to be inclusive.

---
With great effort you combine the value of your two bloodscrip, leaving you with a single parchment bloodscrip valued at 2112.
You think to yourself, "Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..."
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 03:46 PM CST

>but it would make for a better player experience to work around in an IC fashion to be inclusive.

Anyone could have rolled up a Faendryl F2P character and attended
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 08:07 PM CST
>Anyone could have rolled up a Faendryl F2P character and attended

Yes, I'm well aware, and know of a few who did just that. This was a suggestion, not a complaint or a plea for a workaround.

---
With great effort you combine the value of your two bloodscrip, leaving you with a single parchment bloodscrip valued at 2112.
You think to yourself, "Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..."
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 08:43 PM CST
>Anyone could have rolled up a Faendryl F2P character and attended

I would have, but I couldn't find a Spencer's Gifts anywhere to get mine decked out =P
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/16/2016 11:43 PM CST
Real Dark Elves shop at Hot Topic.
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/17/2016 11:39 AM CST
Shut up, Mom, this isn't a phase! This is the real me!
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/17/2016 02:08 PM CST
I'm considering hiring dark elves in Ramones tshirts.

~Liia
APM, Events & World Development

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my barbie-loving soul can reach... (even when you set me on fire)
~Issalya
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/17/2016 07:15 PM CST
>>I'm considering hiring dark elves in Ramones tshirts.

That makes sense as I've heard those look great in bourde.

V V V V V

https://twitter.com/gs4_tahminarre
Re: Welcome New Blades and Sarissa and some thank yous! 02/18/2016 09:35 PM CST
The Patriarch is gonna feel pretty dumb when he gets a look at all of these Che Guevara t-shirts.