How has the new lore changed your character? 06/14/2015 11:16 PM CDT
After reading the new lore, has it changed anything for who your character is or was? Have you rewritten some of his or her history? Did anything at the Symposium strike a chord with you and give you ideas for somewhere new to take your character? What are you retro-fitting, if anything?

I play a character who gets along well with other races and likes to remain informed about all manner of things. Turns out that fits perfectly with some of the Emporion lore, which meant I had to retcon some of her origins; she used to come from very humble beginnings and now comes from a somewhat more middle-class background. I chose the Spicers' Guild as one she has ties to because I was drinking ginger ale at the time. Now I have legit roleplaying cause for my character to travel often and have her fingers in a lot of pies. She now has a reason why she's politely curious about goings-on in Solhaven or is on such good terms with the the guards in the Landing or has been missing for the last dozen years or so. It's not something most people will know about her, but it's something more that I now know about her, and that makes me really happy.

Now I'm curious about what other people have discovered in the new lore. I'm sure I'm not alone in finding something fun!

--- Lauren, Lylia's newly spicier player
Re: How has the new lore changed your character? 06/16/2015 02:09 AM CDT
<<What are you retro-fitting, if anything?>>

The Senary gives a hook for where I intend on going with Xorus.

Which, of course, does not exist. Obviously.

- Xorus' player
Re: How has the new lore changed your character? 06/16/2015 06:50 AM CDT

To be honest, it changed nothing for me. My characters world view is from the perspective of people who grew up seeing the Lords and Ladies with their fancy dress, while wearing hand-me-downs that have be handed down a few times...