Lava Elementals "lava glob" ability 07/28/2018 12:19 AM CDT

https://gswiki.play.net/Lava_glob

If Elemental Barrier (430) or Wall of Force (140) is active, the lava will be deflected away but the defensive spell will be dispelled.

I would like to propose a change in this ability.

140 is what I consider an "incidental" defense spell. It's short duration, so you cast it when you need a quick boost to defense.

430 on the other hand, is a required defense spell. It's long duration, and you always have it active, because it's part of your base defense.

I would like to suggest that "lava glob" strip spell 919, instead of spell 430, as 919 is the other "incidental" defense spell.

Elemental casters are at a disadvantage when compared to spiritual casters because spell 430 is stripped instead of a different incidental spell, similar to 140. I would also argue that most spiritual casters don't ever use 140 in the confluence, because a high DS will lead to many other spells being stripped, while elemental casters will always have 430 active, due to it being a key component to maintaining base DS. So a spiritual caster will never experience the spell loss from this maneuver, while an elemental caster will repeatedly experience the spell loss because DS suffers too much if 430 is not active. That also means an elemental caster will have a frequent mana cost to recast a base defense spell, while the spiritual caster will not, because their stripped spell is one that is never cast.
Re: Lava Elementals "lava glob" ability 07/28/2018 12:24 AM CDT
Wouldn't the trade off be that spiritual casters get hit with the maneuver where wizard just gets dispelled?

Also have you seen if the 520 water lore effect blocks the dispel?

~Sabotage
Re: Lava Elementals "lava glob" ability 07/28/2018 12:48 AM CDT
Wouldn't the trade off be that spiritual casters get hit with the maneuver where wizard just gets dispelled?

Yes.

Also have you seen if the 520 water lore effect blocks the dispel?

It does not AFAIK.

I guess what is important to me is having the CHOICE to block the maneuver with a spell. Spiritual casters can cast 140 if they make the choice to prevent the maneuver. Elemental casters don't get that choice, the spell is just stripped. If it were changed to 919 instead of 430, I would then have the choice to block the maneuver. I would also be required to actively make that choice instead of just having a passive benefit. It's a trade off. I would rather not have to recast a 30 mana spell repeatedly and instead choose when to spend mana to block the maneuver.
Re: Lava Elementals "lava glob" ability 07/28/2018 01:08 AM CDT
Perhaps 520 water lore benefit blocking the dispel could be looked at.

~Sabotage