Lag and disconnects 03/30/2017 08:01 PM CDT

I've been having serious spotty lag and disconnects recently as well for about a week. I thought initially it was my laptop (Windows 7). I haven't installed any new software on there recently and the only updates I've noticed were a Windows update (possible cause?) and a Firefox update that thankfully borked an ancient MUD type program my professor used to teach our C++ class by disabling java applets completely. I connect with the SGE/Wizard, and I do use Lich. It also connects via WiFi. However, my hopes that it was just my laptop were dashed today. I was playing for a while this afternoon on my desktop, Windows 10, hard line, SGE/Wizard as well, and though everything started out fine earlier this afternoon, by around 5 pm the behavior started up again. Lag started. One of the two characters got disconnected (though the other character remained ingame fine and could see the disconnected character sitting there ghosted for several minutes until actual disconnect. Attempting to log in again via SGE result in server connection failures and timeouts (got those on the laptop too). A third nail in the "my fault" coffin was location. I'm in North Dakota, my best friend, who also plays, is in South Dakota, about 165 miles away, and he told me last night he was having the exact same problems. Another buddy just 45 miles west of me has been having connection issues as well, though I didn't realize his issues may be related until just now... The buddy in SD uses Lich's quick login with the Wizard. Not sure what the one 45 miles west of me uses.

Daergard