Stormfront and Wizard launching problem 09/05/2016 06:32 PM CDT

Hello all I have downloaded the launcher. I have downloaded manually Stormfront and Wizard. When I click select character and then select stormfront or Wizard it starts to load and I see the loading graphic squares moving. Then the program generates a .sal file with login information such as port ETC.And then nothing. I am using Windows 10 pro. I have read windows 10 microsoft edge does not support active X. I had to buy Cmud but is runs laggy in the text area to the point where I have to log off and log back in to clear a buffer or such. How can I get stormfromt working?
Re: Stormfront and Wizard launching problem 09/05/2016 07:14 PM CDT
>>How can I get stormfromt working?

Did you try a different browser? Or, if you wish, did you try Simutronics Game Entry (SGE) on the download page?

Doug
Re: Stormfront and Wizard launching problem 09/05/2016 07:31 PM CDT

I have tried The latest updated Chrome with no luck(stated no active X)generated.sal file and downloads it then nothing. Microsoft edge(states no active X), Firefox when launced asks if you want to save .Sal file or open with notepad.. They all do not know what to do with the .SAL file
Re: Stormfront and Wizard launching problem 09/05/2016 07:42 PM CDT

>They all do not know what to do with the .SAL file

click on a .sal file in the appropriate folder (Downloads?) and set it to open with StormFront as default.
Re: Stormfront and Wizard launching problem 09/05/2016 07:45 PM CDT

I tried the Simutronics Game Entry (SGE)and that worked. Thank you
Re: Stormfront and Wizard launching problem 09/05/2016 07:49 PM CDT
Alright, I just tested using my version of Win10 Pro and Firefox.

When you get message about the .SAL file, associate that with the Launcher that you downloaded. Then click OK. You should be good after that.

In Chrome, you download the .SAL, then right click and open it. Again, it will ask if you want to use Launcher, to which you do.

In Microsoft Edge, you can SAVE the .SAL and then OPEN it. It will ask if you want to use the Launcher, and you answer yes.

Finally, you can click in the Search Windows box and search for Internet Explorer (iexplore). It is still installed with Win10 Pro, it just isn't recommended. You can then go through and select to 'redownload' the launcher - which should associate it to IE (presuming you always use IE) you won't be asked anything again - you'll just select your FE of choice and the game will start.

Let me know if you hit any snags along the way.

Doug
Re: Stormfront and Wizard launching problem 09/05/2016 07:49 PM CDT
>>I tried the Simutronics Game Entry (SGE)and that worked. Thank you

Or that! Cool, hope to see you in game.

Doug