Can't connect at work 02/05/2016 10:49 AM CST
I'm running windows 7 on a laptop I take with me to work, and can't connect to the game on my work network (check your internet connection error). The odds of me getting IT to allow ports for me (even if I knew them) is fairly low. Any thoughts/workarounds?

As I said, on a laptop with windows 7, I have the Simu game entry software, as well as lich game entry. Zero problems connecting at home.
Re: Can't connect at work 02/05/2016 11:21 AM CST

>I'm running windows 7 on a laptop I take with me to work, and can't connect to the game on my work network (check your internet connection error). The odds of me getting IT to allow ports for me (even if I knew them) is fairly low. Any thoughts/workarounds?

looks like a firewall issue. If you have a smart phone, you can tether that to your laptop and use your phone as your internet connection (assuming your phone gets a good data reception where you sit). It is extremely easy to do this on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy phones, not sure about others.
Re: Can't connect at work 02/05/2016 11:23 AM CST
I actually have a Galaxy from T-mobile, though I thought you had to pay extra to use it as a hotspot, right?
Re: Can't connect at work 02/05/2016 11:28 AM CST

>I actually have a Galaxy from T-mobile, though I thought you had to pay extra to use it as a hotspot, right?

When you turn the USB tethering on, it will verify your account. I do pay for an extra 1GB a month that might give me the access, but I think you should be able to access on a basic plan.
Re: Can't connect at work 02/05/2016 12:26 PM CST
Don't have a usb on me atm, I'll definitely give it a shot when I get home. Tyvm!
Re: Can't connect at work 02/05/2016 12:43 PM CST

>Don't have a usb on me atm

slightly more complicated, but you also can set your phone up as a Mobile HotSpot and connecting to the phone network with your laptop wifi. Make sure you set a password.