Random frequent disconnects on one account only (other account is fine) 12/24/2015 02:05 PM CST

Hello, I have two accounts. I'm experiencing frequent freezes and disconnects on one account while the other account is just fine. In fact it seems to just be with Ylandra specifically. It started a few nights ago for me, but I know several other people who are also having this sort of problem. What gives?
Re: Random frequent disconnects on one account only (other account is fine) 12/24/2015 02:35 PM CST
I would recommend providing more information; i.e., which front end, do you use lich, O/S(windows, mac, etc...), are you doing anything different with that character vs other characters, etc...

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Random frequent disconnects on one account only (other account is fine) 12/28/2015 09:24 AM CST
For what it's worth, many years ago I used to reliably see freezes (in the Wizard) pretty much every night, but only on one account; as with the OP, the other account was bopping along just fine. (WHICH account was affected at any given time was a total crap-shoot.)

Since I was MA'ing at the time, I would just keep bashing away on the kill/loot buttons--since I could see the results in the OTHER screen--and wait for it to catch up.

(A long-winded way to say that "my connection to the game" was fine: commands were going through and all. I just couldn't see anything coming BACK, until I got 'lebenty squillion screens of scroll all at once, eventually. Whereas the other account was totally normal.)
Re: Random frequent disconnects on one account only (other account is fine) 12/31/2015 03:51 PM CST

I'm having very similar issues, except that I'm not running multiple accounts on the same machine. My wife and I will be playing (two accounts, two machines, same internet connection), and my machine will completely lose connection to the game, while hers will continue working fine. I've waited for 5-10 minutes to see if the connection comes back, and it never does. My wife will see lag spikes, where it takes ~30 seconds for things to respond, but mine never comes back. Even if I'm playing solo, I see the game stop responding several times per day, so it doesn't appear to be related to both of us playing at the same time.

For reference, I'm using StormFront and Lich on an Ubuntu 14.04 virtual machine.