Hard time connecting in any fashion 12/02/2015 03:11 PM CST
Hi there, just checking things out after being gone for 20 years. Playing via the browser seems an exercise in frustration. Right now the game will not currently load, and I seem to have to constantly restart it.

I tried downloading Avalon, but it never can connect to the remote server, so it never launches. The older app simply won't work for me.

I am running a Mac Powerbook on 10.8.4, loaded. Tried in Safari and Chrome.

No way am I going to pay monthly for this game if this is how it normally is. I'm actually shocked that in 2015 you don't have a simple, official working app.

Is there some trick to getting the browser to work?
Re: Hard time connecting in any fashion 12/02/2015 03:39 PM CST
I suspect that you've downloaded Avalon 4.1.5 (the first link on the Avalon download page) and you're attempting to log into a Free to Play account.

If that's accurate, I have a suggested solution - go back to the Avalon download page, but scroll down to the bottom and download the Avalon 4.3.2 (Beta) application. 4.1.5 doesn't support the free to play accounts, but 4.3.2 does. That should get you into the game via Avalon fairly easily.

Let me know! There shouldn't be any reason for Mountain Lion to be causing any specific issues with the game.

Doug
Re: Hard time connecting in any fashion 12/02/2015 07:28 PM CST
>I am running a Mac Powerbook on 10.8.4, loaded. Tried in Safari and Chrome.

Just out of curiosity, is this a Macbook/Powerbook typo, or are you running some crazy hack to get 10.8 running on a 10-year-old PowerPC?

If it's the former, Doug is on point. Gotta scroll down and find the beta version. If you're actually on a Powerbook, I have no idea.
Re: Hard time connecting in any fashion 12/03/2015 06:43 AM CST

I'm sorry, I meant to say MacBook Pro - my bad. I will try the other download.
Re: Hard time connecting in any fashion 12/03/2015 06:46 AM CST

Yes, free to play. I tried 4.3.2. Same issue, never connects.
Re: Hard time connecting in any fashion 12/03/2015 02:38 PM CST
Can you describe the behavior? How far do you get? If you enter the account name and password and can see where you select the game - you're connected, and we're battling another issue.

If you can't get the account name / password combo to work, that's a separate issue maybe. And if you're sure the password / account is accurate, but you don't get a response back within one second of submitting it, that's a third issue.

Also, are you doing this through your home network, or a business network?

Doug