2 of 9 characters can't log in with Chrome 04/02/2015 10:05 AM CDT

Using Chrome Version 41.0.2272.104 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 (14C1514).

Have emptied chache, history, etc., and reset to factory settings.

The 1st and 3rd characters of my 9 characters on a premium account will not load. I get the normal:

Welcome to GemStone IV (R) v5.10
Copyright 2015 Simutronics Corp.
All Rights Reserved

... but then nothing. The characters ARE however live in the game. Watching the character's room from another account, I can see that I can transmit commands and the commands are going through. But the browser is not showing the opening News, etc., nor the room description or anything. Just the "Welcome to GemStone IV (R) v5.10 Copyright 2015 Simutronics Corp. All Rights Reserved"

Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it?
Re: 2 of 9 characters can't log in with Chrome 04/02/2015 10:17 AM CDT
I had similar kinds of problems with a new character. I don't remember precisely what I did, but I logged in using a different computer, and different front end, and tried a couple times, and then it was working normally.

It might have been the other way around for me (the web browser one was working while my other FE was not). In any case, this usually fixes it.

Of course, if you don't have another way to log in, this suggestion will not help you.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: 2 of 9 characters can't log in with Chrome 04/02/2015 12:30 PM CDT
Yep. Use another login venue, and move a few rooms away, then log back out and try your preferred method again.

Is there something in particular that is requiring you to use the web client?

Doug
Re: 2 of 9 characters can't log in with Chrome 04/09/2015 07:40 PM CDT

ran into the same problem after receiving a "gemstone IV is now free" email and trying to log in one time it worked, anything after the web client doesn't load. This Is a problem for two reasons. The webclient as far as I can determine is the nicest and newest option (wizard etc has win 95 style installers) and its the most logical option, "click play" should work without having to download archaic techonolgy. they definitely need to resolve this in a game that already, I'm sure has a razor thin subscription model if they hope to pick up those old boom time AOL generation accounts or even the unlikely new account that was turned off by the extreme 15$ sub fees. Non working text based game doesn't bode well for a world that has rapidly moved beyond and expects much more complex technology to work. this simply needs to work and there's no excuse why it doesn't in this day and age of massive MMO games.
Re: 2 of 9 characters can't log in with Chrome 04/09/2015 07:41 PM CDT

ran into the same problem after receiving a "gemstone IV is now free" email and trying to log in one time it worked, anything after the web client doesn't load. This Is a problem for two reasons. The webclient as far as I can determine is the nicest and newest option (wizard etc has win 95 style installers) and its the most logical option, "click play" should work without having to download archaic techonolgy. they definitely need to resolve this in a game that already, I'm sure has a razor thin subscription model if they hope to pick up those old boom time AOL generation accounts or even the unlikely new account that was turned off by the extreme 15$ sub fees. Non working text based game doesn't bode well for a world that has rapidly moved beyond and expects much more complex technology to work. this simply needs to work and there's no excuse why it doesn't in this day and age of massive MMO games.
Re: 2 of 9 characters can't log in with Chrome 04/10/2015 02:17 AM CDT
It's a strange behavior which can sometimes happen for new characters and accounts. I'm not really sure why it happens, and I agree staff should take the issue seriously.

I was definitely one of the people who argued that requiring a credit card number to first play the game (new or again) was a hindrance for new user uptake, from feedback from my own friends. And staff was obviously listening (I was, of course, not the only one to have said this).

But then again, here is a screen shot of how I play. Tillmen's Profanity FE in a frameless terminal in Linux. Yay!

http://www.cns.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~daid/images/gsiv-profanity-flail.png

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog