CMan Spell Parry 06/11/2018 11:24 AM CDT

Is this maneuver intended to work with UAC as long as 1214 is active? I finally got around to picking it up to test as no one seemed to know and I after casting bolt spells at myself maybe 200x I didn't see any parries. It was either evade which I understand to be first resolution of the EBP or a straight AS vs DS check.

Enchanted,ensorcelled (also fire+knockout flaring) gloves but only 1 rank of TWC. If this maneuver is intended to work with uac+1214 do I still have two chances to parry?

Description: Allows the parrying of magical ball/bolt spells at 25% per rank of your normal parry chance, provided that you are using an ensorcelled or anti-magical weapon to do so.

Spell 1214 Brace
Thick plates of bone grow from the caster's forearms. If not using a shield or weapon, these plates grant the chance to parry melee and ranged attacks. Melee strikes that hit the caster's arms (or a weaponless parry) have a chance to disarm the attacker. The chance to disarm is 25% + 2% per seed 3 summation of Mental Lore, Transformation.
Re: CMan Spell Parry 06/11/2018 12:34 PM CDT
Brace's description specifically states melee & ranged.
Nowhere does it say that it acts as a weapon at all time, such as would be the case if you were holding a Brawling weapon with Spell Parry known.
Re: CMan Spell Parry 06/11/2018 12:44 PM CDT
Based on how gloves interact with other systems, I would guess that they don't count as a weapon even if you have Brace active.

They're ment as a platform for adding enchants, flares, weighting, etc to unarmed attacks, but were never intended to replace a weapon's other functions.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.