Cman Concept: Counter-Strike w/ Coup de Grace Update 03/05/2017 08:42 AM CST
I tried posting this in Game Design but I think it didn't get up on the board due to some error.

The Counter-Strike Cman gives the hunter a posture that focuses on the enemies most likely avenue for striking at them and seizes advantage at a precise moment
from the weakness of the foe. So if successful, the hunter will see an opportunity and position themselves to make a precision attack. When activated, the adventurer
will intensely concentrate on whomever they are TARGETED to (or with a lowered chance for success against any of a number of critters in the room randomly) and
attempt to discern which angle, what bend in the elbow or the knees, what moment to strike out of what pattern of behavior they may display...all these things which will be a prediction of where to take advantage and just when. The AIMING skill will focus the assault on a specified area (or without aiming there would be a similar reduction in strength of the attack as to the TARGETING reduction) and raise the crit rank according to the success level of the Counter-Strike. When in Hiding, the Cman may be activated and useful but the difference will be that the critter who attempts to sniff them out will be the focus of their ire. The advantage gained when the critter is doing their best to locate and expose them but fails (with a lowered odd for being sniffed) and during their folly in wandering where the adventurer is not, they will gain tactical positioning and use it to full advantage. So the Cman will trigger when attacked or sniffed.

I imagine it would work something like this: 5 Ranks with 40%,50%,60%,70%,80% chance for activating it. A RT of +5 seconds for the Cman (on top of a normal swing RT) will be reduced by -1 sec for each rank to 0 sec. at 5 ranks. The Cman will not work from hiding unless it is being used by a Master at Rank 5. If the adventurer is a Master of Coup de Grace and Counter-Strike then a 10% chance to make a Coup de Grace on any level of blood will be applied!

Just let me take a moment to think about this Coup de Grace with you . This would be probably overpowered in the mind of a game designer at this level of odds with 10% trigger and 100% blood but assassinations like this are pretty high in the odds from just ambushing. A head or eye crit is no guarantee but better than 50/50 for a mid-level rogue. My 20th level ranger has better than 10% odds of an instant kill from an ambush. A Coup de Grace activating with 10% or dare to ask for even high success rates would be a really fitting role for the Counter-Strike. It would be something most ambushers would go for probably and open ambushing would suddenly 'open up'-- I mean, really. It needs something in my opinion and a nice strike like this now and again would be a delicious reward for the Cman points.