Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 09/29/2017 03:56 PM CDT
I know a number of us have been asking for years and while we appreciate the introduction of cobbling totes to the game, they simply do not hold enough to handle the quantities of cobbling materials we buy.

I'm unsure if I still maintain the largest cobbling material collection in game (definitely not a boast, it's an addiction), but I've currently have 7 premium characters with every locker full of cobbling materials unable to handle any more because their containers are full as well. I've been collecting materials for almost 8 years now and while I used to collect 10 of everything, I've reduced it down to 5-7 for any non-upper materials and still no longer have room for them.

It would be super helpful if we could start bundling trim and laces and perhaps use something like gem jars for holding settings/plates. I know this will mean a fair amount of work, another option would be to somehow reduce the weight of items in the cobbling totes so they can hold more. I'm not sure what the answer here is but please, please, please... help us condense our inventory!

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 09/29/2017 04:22 PM CDT
Omg please this. I'm working on character #2's lockers and questioning my sanity with mat hoarding.

The flamepoint sand kitten hisses at a patchwork flesh monstrosity.
... 9 points of damage!
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 09/29/2017 04:30 PM CDT
I mostly gave up on cobbling because of the terrible item management aspect of it and limited use of it compared to other artisan skills. If artisan materials didn't count towards locker numbers or there was special artisan material lockers, that would just be amazing.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/01/2017 07:09 PM CDT
I know this isn't the answer to your plea, but, cobbling totes will be sold off the shelf at EG this year and can be lightened/deepened.

/shamelessplug

~Elidi~
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/01/2017 07:16 PM CDT
That's still really neat! My only experience with them is from scrip shop for blackwater, so having them sold OTS (they aren't tiered right?) is helpful to compress some locker space at the least.

Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/01/2017 08:49 PM CDT

>I know this isn't the answer to your plea, but, cobbling totes will be sold off the shelf at EG this year and can be lightened/deepened.

that's great. are there back/cloakworn ones to get the max capacity?

can the script be swapped at script swapping?
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/01/2017 08:53 PM CDT
does the script work with the deepening notes? if not, can it?

Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/01/2017 10:58 PM CDT
These are great, and super helpful... but just not enough for long-term storage!

But THANK you for making these OTS sellable, it might help with organization!

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/02/2017 10:30 AM CDT
>>that's great. are there back/cloakworn ones to get the max capacity?

>>can the script be swapped at script swapping?

Yes, there could be back worn containers, but the ones at EG are shoulder worn.

I'm not sure it would qualify for the script swapping, but I'll check into it.

~Elidi~
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/02/2017 10:31 AM CDT
>>does the script work with the deepening notes? if not, can it?

It doesn't currently work with the notes, but it will (thanks to GM Haliste).

~Elidi~
Re: Bundling Cobbling Materials - Totes just not cutting it! 10/02/2017 11:19 AM CDT
Thank you both very much!