Hallmark Punches? 02/24/2015 09:26 AM CST

According to the cobbling guide here on play.net a Master Cobbler can engrave both the measured person's name and their own mark of craftsmanship onto their shoe by holding a hallmark punch while engraving. Have hallmark punches been given out or sold yet? If yes, is there any way we could get a merchant to drop by Cysaegir or somewhere to pass out some more to Master Cobblers? There are quite a few of us now so it would be nice to have a way to distinguish between each of our work and shoe collections, kind of like forging crafting marks.
--

arulisse.tumblr.com
Re: Hallmark Punches? 02/24/2015 10:27 AM CST
I've been wondering this one myself for a while now.
Re: Hallmark Punches? 02/25/2015 05:21 AM CST
I don't believe hallmark punches were ever implemented. How would you see them working?

~Vanah
Re: Hallmark Punches? 02/25/2015 07:34 AM CST
According to play.net, you hold the punch while ENGRAVING the shoe to put your mark into the shoe sole, and then ENGRAVE to put the name of the measured person.

From the official guide:

"(Optional) ENGRAVE the shoe. If you are a Master Cobbler, you may use this step to add your personal hallmark to the shoes. Masters and skilled and highly skilled laborers may engrave the name of the person measured. (Masters may add both, using the ENGRAVE command twice, once with their hallmark punch and once without it.) Engraving may also occur after the shoe is finished."

Ideally that means when you look at the shoe you see X's crafting mark as well as the name "Whatever" in elegant script on the sole, etc.

Only somewhat related but I had been hoping that labels could be be a nice option of denoting who designed it for cobbled shoes, but unfortunately labels don't work with cobbled shoes, even un-engraved ones! There's truly no way of specifying who's shoes are whose in game :(

--

arulisse.tumblr.com
Re: Hallmark Punches? 02/25/2015 07:44 AM CST
Here's a better example..

>get metal punch

You remove a metallic cobbling punch from your indigo robe.

>Engrave slipper

Holding your punch carefully over the sole of one of your slippers, you press down and carefully inset your Artisan mark into the leather.

>stow punch

You put a metallic cobbling punch in to your indigo robe.

>Engrave slipper

(normal engraving name messaging here)

>Look slipper
Elegantly engraved inside the slippers is the name 'Slipperhoarder McCobbler' and Arulisse's crafting mark.

--

arulisse.tumblr.com
Re: Hallmark Punches? 02/25/2015 10:54 AM CST
I know I am posting a ton, so apologies for that.

Even if Hallmark punches are out of the question or too tricky to bring forth, is there any way we can get the label system to work with cobbled shoes as an in-between? Players could still remove the labels with solvent obviously but it would let us leave a custom mark on our shoes and still provide the benefits of custom measured shoes, etc. I have a nice collection from some different Master Cobblers and they're all tailored to my half-sylph but I have no way of distinguishing who made what in game... for a barbie like me that's less than optimal ;)

--

arulisse.tumblr.com
Re: Hallmark Punches? 02/25/2015 11:32 AM CST
>> I don't believe hallmark punches were ever implemented. How would you see them working?

The hallmark should only add your mark to shoes that you made yourself.

> ENGRAVE my sandal
You carefuly engrave SomePerson's name to the sole of your sandals, identifying them as the owner.

> Get punch
You get your hallmark punch from your over-sized cobblers bag.

> ENGRAVE my sandal
You add your personal crafting mark to the sole of your sandals.

> examine my sandal

You see a pair of showy snowy soft suede sandals studded with star sapphires. There is a label engraved on the sole identifying SomePerson as the owner. You notice your personal crafting mark on the sole.

Someone else would see this as:

> examine my sandal

You see a pair of showy snowy soft suede sandals studded with star sapphires. There is a label engraved on the sole identifying SomePerson (or You if you are SomePerson) as the owner. You notice SomeCrafter's personal crafting mark on the sole.

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Hallmark Punches? 02/25/2015 12:46 PM CST
That is perfect and exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you!

--

arulisse.tumblr.com
Re: Hallmark Punches? 03/06/2015 06:45 PM CST

I'm uncertain what Hallmark punches would be able to handle, but something like this would be nice:

Hand-crafted by Evialla Violetskye, Master Cobbler

or something along those lines