Cobbling in Ta'Vaalor? 02/18/2015 08:40 PM CST
I'm considering two projects concerning cobbling in Ta'Vaalor, problem is I'm rubbish at cobbling. So... Anyone who just loves cobbling please design to your heart's content. I'm looking for materials of all sorts(uppers, adornments, trim) that have a Vaalorian theme as well as materials that have a Gnomish feel. There is no guarantee any of these will end up in game but there is a chance (a good one judging by my attempts at making them). Post them up here or if you are over zealous and make a ton, you can send them to me at GS4-MAZRETH@play.net.

~Mazreth
Ta'Vaalor Guru
Erithi Guru
Burghal Gnome Guru

"Mother should I trust the Government?"
Melivn exclaims, "SHUN THE NON BELIEVER OF MINIS!"
Re: Cobbling in Ta'Vaalor? 02/19/2015 04:08 AM CST
Gnomish feel you say.... all the things you say....

rawr.

let Cobblegate commence.

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)
Re: Cobbling in Ta'Vaalor? 02/20/2015 08:03 AM CST
A tanner with an expensive, nasty, fast option. Currently you are forced to wait longer and get a higher quality product when you pay more. There ought to be a way to pay more for speed.

"There's nothing like standard elven oil for top quality tanning, but if you want something done fast I've got a bit of imported halfling oil.", says the elven tanner darkly.

>Ask tanner about halfling oil
"You don't want to know the details of how its obtained from the halfling, but nothing tans faster. Just ask again if you'd like those furs tanned with it."

>Ask tanner about halfling oil
The tanner takes your ten thousand silvers, tosses your bundle of furs into a vat and hands you a receipt.

>read receipt
The receipt is for a bundle of 2 waern furs being tanned for trim which should be ready about a day from now.

And of course a whole lot of critters with suitable skin nouns for tanning. Shop bought stuff is all very well for elves, but a true gnome knows that you have to kill the critter yourself. Fake gnomes probably like things like spinning cogs to button up their boots with though.
Re: Cobbling in Ta'Vaalor? 02/20/2015 12:49 PM CST
The length of wait on tanning is ridiculous.