308 deity detection 06/14/2018 03:55 PM CDT
Lore benefits description:

>Training in Religion Lore increases the chance for the cleric and target to become aware of each other's chosen deity.

New item at Duskruin:

>analyze my monocle
>You analyze your silver monocle and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
>A sterling silver monocle is a religious item that is designed to allow the wearer to gaze at another person and discern the pantheon of that person's deity.
This ability can be blocked by unpresence. If not done while hidden or invisible, then the person that is gazed at will see a reflection of their deities symbol in the monocle's lens.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/9122

I think the 308 lore benefit needs to be beefed up a bit in light of this new item. Maybe an evoke version. Overall I think the item's ability should really be a cleric ability in some form.
Re: 308 deity detection 06/14/2018 04:12 PM CDT

+1 to this. With 100 INT and 40 ranks of religion lore, I MIGHT see deity alignment one out of 20 casts, its pathetically low.
Re: 308 deity detection 06/14/2018 04:16 PM CDT
Im hoping there is an IG way to block the Deity Detect monocle that is not profession specific. Estild on Discord mentioned that Unpresence (204) blocks it, which is nice for those with access to that spell...but I'd like it more if Demeanor could block it, or some other mechanism that would allow me to foil the monocle.

One of my characters whole schtick is he pretends to be a devout Liaboist, but he is secretly a Lornon-follower. He is careful not to give away the game, but if I make a mistake...well, that happens. Several are suspicious already due to certain events. Which is fine, makes for good RP.

My worry is this Monocole will just be able to bypass ALL that RP, all that care, and someone can go 'lol no he worships Ghezresh!' just by using the monocles ability.

So Im unsure if this is the place to lobby for it, but a better way to prevent the monocle would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Berbels shrilly exclaims, "Ise takings hims tos secretses lairses!"

Berbels grabs you and drags you east.