350 Spell Concept: Perma-bless 08/03/2017 12:01 PM CDT

The Cleric generates a very special chrism which based on the values and training applied gives either a temporary perma-bless (oxy-moron to non-Gemmers) or a true perma-bless.

The level of Lore training and skill would be extremely high, I would imagine a capped Cleric would be able to entertain a true perms-bless but a 3x cap would be really able to apply it best. Such that 100 Ranks of a certain Lore for the combination to be most effective would be in order. Perma-bless is a lot more rare than padding or weighting and I'm not even sure if it's a temporary enhancive or not? A Priest has a business of raising dead but in my experience it's not as moneymaking as many may think. My character has used many chrisms with those who failed to pay, costing him most of what he has made in tips. Being able to give a bless worth thousands of hits or a real perms-bless would raise their ability to make silvers which is important to any profession.

A plain 0x weapon to get a temporary perms-bless would be possible for a similar level of enchantment to take a weapon to 5x. Up to 4x will be like up to 7x for the Cleric. 4x-7x vanilla weapon would be like doing a fusion/enhancive. To get a true perma-bless can only be done to a 0x weapon and would probably need to be the only project the Priest can work on, taking a long time to prep. Would see it as a gigantic Lore rank path to activate the possibility, perhaps even if possible experience so that the Cleric must do 12 projects successfully of temp. enhance perms-bless to train for a plain weapon true perms-bless.

What I would like to see is a pile of orb quality gems, perhaps one of each kind to a region (ruby, emerald, diamond, etc. for WL) arranged in a ritual formation for the prayer and concentration into a single large magical gem. This is prepared and processed, treated with mana and alchemical potions (nice new need for the markets there for those skilled at the trade to sell). Then with the spell they are able to endow the blade by using the chrism as a vehicle to bind the Cleric's magic with that stored in the stone. The stone drains of its resonances turns to dust which is coated over the weapon to seal it and that is where it fails finally or succeeds.

Re: 350 Spell Concept: Perma-bless 08/03/2017 03:29 PM CDT
We already have a level 50 spell Fink.

https://gswiki.play.net/Miracle_(350)