319 and twin hammerhands 02/24/2017 11:12 AM CST
I'm not sure if this is working properly or if there is an issue with 319 and this manoever.

Normally when 319 flares on a manoever the result is set to 0. While a result of 50 isn't bad in itself, having the result 50 higher than it should be when the warding fails would be pretty devastating and I've had much worse fail results on this manoever than I've seen on any other of the golem manoever rolls.

>
The evanescent shield shrouding you flares to life and thickens to create a substantial buffer around you.
[Roll result: 50 (open d100: 51)]
A soul golem raises its hands high, laces them together and brings them crashing down towards you!
You manage to dodge a soul golem's blow!
>
Re: 319 and twin hammerhands 02/24/2017 05:32 PM CST
RATHBONER
Normally when 319 flares on a manoever the result is set to 0. While a result of 50 isn't bad in itself, having the result 50 higher than it should be when the warding fails would be pretty devastating and I've had much worse fail results on this manoever than I've seen on any other of the golem manoever rolls.
>
The evanescent shield shrouding you flares to life and thickens to create a substantial buffer around you.
[Roll result: 50 (open d100: 51)]
A soul golem raises its hands high, laces them together and brings them crashing down towards you!
You manage to dodge a soul golem's blow!
>

A change was made 6+ months ago such that changed the 319 CML result to be 50 or lower. The reason for this is due to there being varying degrees of failure/success with CML attacks. Anything less than 100 is still failure, but setting it to 0 was causing the system to consider it a very bad failure. If the actual CML attempt returns in a result less than 50, that will also be used instead of just setting it to 50, which does mean the attacker can fumble the attempt (which was not previously possible).

GameMaster Estild
Re: 319 and twin hammerhands 02/25/2017 12:35 AM CST
Anyone use twin hammerhands and have examples of it?
Re: 319 and twin hammerhands 02/25/2017 05:49 AM CST
>A change was made 6+ months ago such that changed the 319 CML result to be 50 or lower. The reason for this is due to there being varying degrees of failure/success with CML attacks. Anything less than 100 is still failure, but setting it to 0 was causing the system to consider it a very bad failure. If the actual CML attempt returns in a result less than 50, that will also be used instead of just setting it to 50, which does mean the attacker can fumble the attempt (which was not previously possible).

Capping at 50 seems like a good compromise, but CML manoevers aren't consistent in what roll gives what sort of result. e.g. 20 is actually a worse fail than 0 on a tackle and feint isn't a failure at 100.

SMRv2 is still supposed to be set to 0? I'm still seeing a lot of 0 results on everything else but twin hammerhands, but I think its all SMRv2.
Re: 319 and twin hammerhands 02/25/2017 11:09 AM CST
RATHBONER
Capping at 50 seems like a good compromise, but CML manoevers aren't consistent in what roll gives what sort of result. e.g. 20 is actually a worse fail than 0 on a tackle and feint isn't a failure at 100.

Each CML maneuver has its own degrees of failure or success. In the example of TACKLE, setting the result to 0 was causing the attacker to be on the ground and with at least 7 seconds of RT. By setting the result to 50, it's still a failure (so the cleric avoids the attack), but the attacker won't be on the ground. The intended purpose of Soul Ward is to allow the cleric to negate the attack, but not to necessarily put the attacker in a worse position than before.

For FEINT, 100 or less still considered a failure, but that doesn't mean the target isn't affected. The minor failure result of 75 or higher still subjects the target to 2 seconds of RT. It simply means the target won't be subject to the full effect. Many maneuvers work this way.

RATHBONER
SMRv2 is still supposed to be set to 0? I'm still seeing a lot of 0 results on everything else but twin hammerhands, but I think its all SMRv2.

The SMRv2 result isn't set to 0 for 319. The entire formula is simply given a huge modifier to ensure it results in successful avoidance for the cleric.

Also, you can tell the difference from the roll result for CML vs SMRv2.

CML = [Roll result: 50 (open d100: 128)]
SMRv2 = [SMR result: -36 (Open d100: -42)]

GameMaster Estild
Re: 319 and twin hammerhands 02/26/2017 05:34 AM CST
>The SMRv2 result isn't set to 0 for 319. The entire formula is simply given a huge modifier to ensure it results in successful avoidance for the cleric.

This manoever looks like its being set to zero.

With 319
A soul golem lifts its huge foot up and slams it into the floor, shaking everything violently!
[SMR result: 0 (Open d100: 85)]

A soul golem lifts its huge foot up and slams it into the floor, shaking everything violently!
[SMR result: 0 (Open d100: 89)]

[SMR result: 0 (Open d100: 63)]

And one without 319 to show the normal result
[SMR result: 67 (Open d100: 28)]
Re: 319 and twin hammerhands 02/26/2017 06:10 AM CST
> In the example of TACKLE, setting the result to 0 was causing the attacker to be on the ground and with at least 7 seconds of RT.

So critters get affected worse by failures than characters do? With a critter suffering much worse than a player on a result of 0 I can definitely appreciate it needed to come up.