307/310 and Spell-up Pills 12/07/2016 09:07 PM CST
It seems the duration for 307 and 310 when using a spell-up pill is different than when using your own MANA SPELLUP or just casting it yourself.

Normally when I spell up with my Cleric, all my 300 level spells have a very similar duration per cast and will end up at roughly the same duration when I cast the spells the same amount of time each.

But today:
- I used MANA SPELLUP first, which gave all my 300 level spells roughly the same duration.
- I used 2-3 spell-up pills, as I had found them at Duskruin Dig and felt like using it to spell-up quickly from no spells at all.
- At the end of it, 307 and 310 had durations much less than usual for the same amount of casts normally. So I had all other 300-level spells at full 4 hour duration, but 307/310 were 45 minutes to an hour less when they are usually the same duration as the rest.

Do the spell-up pills use a different formula or is there something wonky with this that isn't taking into account my Cleric's over-training in the 300 spell circle (he is +21 spell ranks over level in Cleric Base.)? Just seems odd that these 2 spells seem off from their usual per-cast duration when using the pills.
Re: 307/310 and Spell-up Pills 12/07/2016 09:44 PM CST
Do the spell-up pills use a different formula or is there something wonky with this that isn't taking into account my Cleric's over-training in the 300 spell circle (he is +21 spell ranks over level in Cleric Base.)? Just seems odd that these 2 spells seem off from their usual per-cast duration when using the pills.

I'm actually not familiar with those pills. It's possible they could use a different formula completely, or that they aren't working properly with the new code for 307/310. How many MIU/scroll ranks does the character that used the pills have? If you can bugitem one of them with the trouble character then I can take a closer look at it and see what's going on. I tried looking through your logs to see if I could find it myself, but didn't find anything helpful.

Viduus
Re: 307/310 and Spell-up Pills 12/08/2016 08:46 AM CST
Apologies - I raelized too alte that I posted on my main account when said Cleric is on my side account.

I did just BUGITEM the pill for you.

Character is L26 and has 1x in both MIU and Scrolls (27 ranks each).
Re: 307/310 and Spell-up Pills 12/18/2016 08:10 PM CST

It seems the duration for 307 and 310 when using a spell-up pill is different than when using your own MANA SPELLUP or just casting it yourself.

This, and the random MANA spellup issue with 307/310 should hopefully be resolved now.

Viduus