Censure (316) 11/12/2016 12:04 AM CST
Re: Censure (316) 11/12/2016 12:07 AM CST
As I was saying. I was trying to cast a targeted version of 316 tonight. As I understand it, open cast affects everyone in the room. If I PREP 316 and CAST TARGET, this is still affecting everyone in the room. Is this a bug or incorrect information on the Wiki about this spell?

M
Re: Censure (316) 11/12/2016 12:12 AM CST
M
As I was saying. I was trying to cast a targeted version of 316 tonight. As I understand it, open cast affects everyone in the room. If I PREP 316 and CAST TARGET, this is still affecting everyone in the room. Is this a bug or incorrect information on the Wiki about this spell?

https://gswiki.play.net/Censure_(316)
Censure will attempt to affect up to 4 targets, increased by training in Spiritual Lore, Religion. When open cast, the spell will not effect other players in the same group as the caster or CONVERTed to the same deity. This can be circumvented, if desired, by casting the spell directly at a target.

The wiki is correct, but maybe a bit unclear. Casting directly at a target removes the immunity the target may have for being a convert of the same deity. The spell itself will still try to affect the same number of targets regardless.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Censure (316) 11/12/2016 12:15 AM CST
Thanks for the quick response, Estild! Can we possibly get the Wiki updated to reflect that a single-cast version of this spell is not really possible, and accurately relfect the information you provided?
Re: Censure (316) 11/12/2016 12:19 AM CST
Better yet, Estild, is it possible to make a targetted version of 316 ONLY affect the intended target? 311 works this way, but the messaging for 316 is so more amazing,I would LOVE a single-target version of 316. Just for the messaging. Could this be possible? Please? :)
Re: Censure (316) 11/12/2016 09:09 AM CST
I just edited the article to make it a bit more clear.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Censure (316) 11/12/2016 09:15 AM CST
As an aside, if you're just interested in changing the text in the body of an article on the wiki, it's about as easy as making a post here and anyone with an account on GS can edit it (same log in you use for the forums). Just check the Discussion tab at the top of the page to make sure there's not a reason something's the way it is before making the change.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Censure (316) 11/12/2016 10:52 AM CST
"Better yet, Estild, is it possible to make a targetted version of 316 ONLY affect the intended target? 311 works this way, but the messaging for 316 is so more amazing,I would LOVE a single-target version of 316. Just for the messaging. Could this be possible?" -- RobertsM8

Paging new 'evoke' implementation, aisle 5....