Problem with Bless Item 325 10/06/2015 01:55 AM CDT
So, I'm having a weird issue with bless item and diamonds. Not entirely sure what the issue is, though I suspect that it's something on my character, but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Basically, something is trapping the diamond noun, I know this because I have a number of chrisms in a container and when I "get diamond" it tells me "get what". So, everytime I try to use 325 to imbed an orb, it fails because I cannot use the "my" keyword and I can't figure out what the item is that's interfering. So, before I go through stripping my character down and examining hundreds of items to see which one might be conflicting (I have no items named diamond and when I try a "tap" it doesn't find anything), can I request a tweak to the spell where maybe it doesn't fail over silly stuff like this? Or maybe, if it does, it doesn't completely lock/waste the orb gem? I went through about 4 of them before I realized what was going on, since I hadn't used the spell in awhile.

Okay, I'm going to go through hundreds of items to figure out what's up, because this is bothering me and well, nothing better to do. MAN, do I LOVE inventory management in this game!

-Dark (annoyed)
Re: Problem with Bless Item 325 10/06/2015 02:02 AM CDT
I figured it out, it was a diamond in a closed container, which, apparently, is still seen by my character, even though the container is closed.

My requests, however, stand. It's silly to not be able to use "my" to avoid wasting orb gems on silly stuff like this. At the very least, don't ruin the gem if some bug like this crops up and we can't possibly predict the spell will act this way.

-Dark (slightly less annoyed)
Re: Problem with Bless Item 325 10/06/2015 09:38 AM CDT

>I figured it out, it was a diamond in a closed container, which, apparently, is still seen by my character, even though the container is closed.

weird, usually whatever is in my chrism holder messes me up, but not when it is in a closed container.
Re: Problem with Bless Item 325 10/06/2015 05:36 PM CDT

I have a lot of trouble with this problem. It became very noticeable after I got a gem cutter. My cleric turns uncut diamond chrisms into dirk-shape diamonds. If you try to make a chrism with the cut diamonds in a container, 325 targets those instead of the uncut diamond in my hand. Well cast uncut diamond works, but I always forget. In fact you cannot pick up an uncut diamond unless you specify uncut diamond and not just diamond.
Re: Problem with Bless Item 325 10/06/2015 07:55 PM CDT

That's not only 325. All targeting acts a little funny with cut gems, I've noticed.
Re: Problem with Bless Item 325 10/11/2015 07:24 PM CDT
That's not only 325. All targeting acts a little funny with cut gems, I've noticed.

Yes I think this is because many (maybe all?) cut gems are treated as "unmodified" items... basically like having "a diamond". You often can't specify which cut gem you want to grab if you have multiple types. I remember reading that the targeting system goes for the unmodified form before the modified... so if you have "an uncut diamond" and also "a diamond", and you type "get diamond" it will always go for the latter.

I have a similar problem with some of my cut gems/chrisms when I'm picking up gems that I find on creatures. I type "get diamond" and it ends up taking a cut gem from my cloak rather than one from the ground. (Sometimes I don't even notice this and end up leaving my loot behind!) I tend to keep my cut chrism gems in a closed container for this reason.