Wisconsin? 09/14/2010 01:00 PM CDT
Anyone else from Wisconsin? Or even Illinois, I suppose.

A.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/14/2010 02:45 PM CDT
There are a few of us Minnesotans around, we get together about every couple of years probably.

-Kerl
Re: Wisconsin? 09/14/2010 06:08 PM CDT
Heh, well, it's PRACTICALLY Wisconsin. ;)
Re: Wisconsin? 09/15/2010 10:19 PM CDT
There are a few of us still hiding in Illinois, though not necessarily near the Wisconsin part of the state.

Good to see you around.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/16/2010 07:31 AM CDT
Good to see you, too! We should plan some kind of Chicago get-together (or Minneapolis, too, but Chicago is closer to me). It's only ~3 hours from Madison depending on the alignment of the moon and stars and, um, the traffic. ;)

A.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/16/2010 10:15 PM CDT
Rockford is easier. I live on 39 as well (the south end of it).

The problem is actually getting out of the house, with two little kids and a fairly busy work schedule.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/17/2010 11:39 AM CDT
Minnesota is clearly the winner here. I go into Wisconsin when I need to see a concert twice, or when a friend hasn't seen House on the Rock yet.

I haven't seen mention of a MN get together in more than years though, of course I've been gone more than years. Hmmm...

Glitch - Shattered
Tylsar - Prime

In Shattered, no one can hear you scream.

Strongest foe vanquished: Chuck Norris
Re: Wisconsin? 09/17/2010 08:48 PM CDT
You would bring a friend to the House on the Rock?!? That's hardly friendly behavior! That place is a tourist trap!
Re: Wisconsin? 09/17/2010 09:22 PM CDT
>You would bring a friend to the House on the Rock?!? That's hardly friendly behavior! That place is a tourist trap!

Bah. Only thing remotely good near the House on the Rock is Governor Dodge State Park.

That House on the Rock is dull....Spring Green isn't that exciting either. I used to frequent the art fairs there a lot when I was little - my mom and my aunt used to do a lot of weaving, they'd setup their stands....but that was years ago.

If you ever want to visit my home town, just go on down to Dodgeville. It's not very exciting either, but it's the home of Land's End. However, maybe look into staying at The Don Q Inn out there (http://www.donqinn.net/) if you happen to swing through....spend a night or two in the fun rooms with your significant other.

Majority of my family still lives in Wisconsin (dad's side, that is). I visit once or twice a year out there, but it's always with my wife and kid. Now I'm stuck out here in Minnesota, eh.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/17/2010 11:46 PM CDT
We read alot of Neil Gaiman around here, so House on the Rock is infinitely more interesting than it might be to a regular person.

In Shattered, no one can hear you scream.

Strongest foe vanquished: Chuck Norris
Re: Wisconsin? 09/18/2010 11:17 AM CDT
@Drumpel - I've been to the Dodgeville courthouse a few times. It's a nice little town. Mineral Point is nice, too.

@Symbol 23 - That book DOES make the House on the Rock seem much better than it actually is. When I first moved to Madison, I took myself sightseeing while my husband was at work. House on the Rock was the thing I was MOST excited to see because of that book. And then it was just kind of a letdown, I suppose.

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand - Minnesota gathering? When, where, etc? I would have been happy to plan one for Madison, but Minneapolis is outside my expertise.

A.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/18/2010 01:45 PM CDT
>I've been to the Dodgeville courthouse a few times. It's a nice little town. Mineral Point is nice, too.

Not sure if I should ask as to why you've been to the courthouse....

As for Mineral Point, yep, got family there, too. Nice towns; I miss the small town atmosphere that I grew up in, but at the same time I like being in the Twin Cities and having the ability to get to anything I need in a quick, short drive.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/18/2010 01:55 PM CDT
"Not sure if I should ask as to why you've been to the courthouse...."

Nothing nefarious. I'm an attorney. ;)
Re: Wisconsin? 09/18/2010 03:16 PM CDT
<<Nothing nefarious. I'm an attorney. ;)>>

Badump bump!
Re: Wisconsin? 09/18/2010 04:45 PM CDT
Heh! And Kerl gets the joke! ;)
Re: Wisconsin? 09/22/2010 03:20 PM CDT
Woodstock, IL reporting in...just about 30 minutes east of Rockford and the same south of Lake Geneva, WI.
Re: Wisconsin? 09/24/2010 01:16 AM CDT
I used to know another Iowan who played...course that was when it was still on AOL.

-Mohrgan's player
Re: Wisconsin? 10/12/2010 09:54 PM CDT
Omaha, Nebraska here.

---
~Sammie, player of Hadya.
<<I know merchanting sessions for me usually end with me huddled in a corner, rasping about "Judgment Day" and talking about Terminators. --Auchand
Re: Wisconsin? 12/15/2010 01:49 PM CST
What?!?

Wait.. there's actually someone else in WI.. and I missed the post?!?

Oh nose! heehee

Now we can prove Wisconsinites are smarter than Minnesotans - we didn't put a roof on OUR football stadium!