Minnesota 12/03/2016 03:03 PM CST
So it's been a decade plus... Anyone out there care to reconvene? I can coordinate.

-Kelly/Naamit
Re: Minnesota 12/03/2016 04:15 PM CST
Yup
Re: Minnesota 12/04/2016 07:24 PM CST

Great! This is going to be a rocking party if it's just you and me. I know there are others out there...
Re: Minnesota 12/04/2016 08:02 PM CST
Kerl, Nektarius (when he's visiting) and then about 10 others I know.
Re: Minnesota 12/04/2016 08:29 PM CST
Ah Kerl is still around. That's great! My memory ain't what it used to be-I saw Nektarius in game today and the name tickled my brain. It took me a half hour to remember why I knew the name, and then his actual name (sorry if you're reading this). Are you able to spread the word to folks who might not read the boards?

Kelly

P.S. I wish I could see posts from < 2010 but they appear to have been scrubbed.
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 08:49 AM CST
Really have that many folks around MN that still play?

It was years ago when I meet up with folks..... I can't say I can make it - work and family life tie up my time, but you never know. You can toss me a message if you are looking to get together.
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 01:36 PM CST
It's a really high number actually. Minnesota represents at like #5 for playerbase (unofficially) behind the big cities.
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 05:52 PM CST
Wow. Found pictures from an August, 2000 gathering at Como Park. I caught a pic of Cam standing over the grill with a big happy grin and another where Paul was looking dapper in plaid. There are four other folks whose actual names escape me. Jeramy, were you there?

Kelly
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 07:33 PM CST
I never managed Como Park. I remember like 5-6 gatherings back around 2001 over near Grand Ave and pubs over there then one at Black Forest for sure years later in like 2003.
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 08:34 PM CST
>I never managed Como Park. I remember like 5-6 gatherings back around 2001 over near Grand Ave and pubs over there then one at Black Forest for sure years later in like 2003.

That pub looks familiar. Some German type bar/restaurant? That's probably the one and only gathering I made an appearance at. My wife (fiancee at the time) thought it was really odd I was going out to meet a bunch of people I've never meet before for some typing game that I played.
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 08:57 PM CST
I described my first trip (to SimuCon ][, in 1997) to my boss as, "I'm going to meet up with 500 good friends that I've known for 4 years, but never met."
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 09:27 PM CST
>around 2001 over near Grand Ave -Jeramy

Yeah! I was living over there at the time and try to keep things local. Pretty sure we went to Billy's or Dixie's on Grand some night after dinner and possibly the Muddy Pig another time.

>Some German type bar/restaurant? ...My wife (fiancee at the time) thought it was really odd -Drumpel-whosenameidon'tknow,sorry

BF is a German restaurant at 26th and Nicollet in Mpls. Hah, so we probably have met! My partner and also my best friend, both of whom I met after leaving GS, thinks it's weird that I want to get folks together after so many years. Possibly weirder still that I came back.

So I propose we aim for Sat Jan 14 (evening) or Sun Jan 15 (midday).Feel free to yeah, nay, or propose otherwise. Here are some options:

* Grumpy's Bar (DT Mpls) - either day
* Northbound Smokehouse Brewpub (S Mpls) - Sun
* Red Stag (NE Mpls) - either
* Benihana (MOA) - either

I'll send out an email to the @ play . net addresses for folks I can scrape off the boards in the next few days. Not sure how many of them are still around, such as Cam (who I saw a post from in this folder in 2013 damning/praising me for a snowstorm). Feel free to direct people to this post as well :)

-Kelly
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 09:35 PM CST
>I described my first trip (to SimuCon ][, in 1997) to my boss as, "I'm going to meet up with 500 good friends that I've known for 4 years, but never met." -Robert

In the days of yore I described GS as 'a Choose Your Own Adventure book that I'm writing with thousands of other people all at the same time.' It really startled me to see the 'new' wiki. There's so much history transcribed. Far more than any of us would ever publicly write about our personal lives.
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 09:39 PM CST
There was a house party too once. I think that was you or Nevreviana or something?
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 09:51 PM CST
I don't recall the name Nevreviana. I vaguely recall hosting a drunken house party when Maimara's player and I shared a duplex in mid-2003. And yeah, I was a raven-haired girl.
Re: Minnesota 12/05/2016 10:05 PM CST
Yeah that feels right. It was October-January-ish
Re: Minnesota 12/06/2016 07:58 AM CST
BF is a German restaurant at 26th and Nicollet in Mpls. Hah, so we probably have met! My partner and also my best friend, both of whom I met after leaving GS, thinks it's weird that I want to get folks together after so many years. Possibly weirder still that I came back.
So I propose we aim for Sat Jan 14 (evening) or Sun Jan 15 (midday).Feel free to yeah, nay, or propose otherwise. Here are some options:
* Grumpy's Bar (DT Mpls) - either day
* Northbound Smokehouse Brewpub (S Mpls) - Sun
* Red Stag (NE Mpls) - either
* Benihana (MOA) - either

If you were there, then we meet. I don't recall much from the visit, but I only met you/everyone once. I wouldn't remember your name if you wore a name tag all day and we talked a lot. I tend to remember faces and not names - if we did meet again, I may not even recognize you since it's been so long. Anyway....

If some sort of plan does pan out, I can't guarantee I can grace you guys with my lackluster personality, but you never know.

I lived in Dinkytown for about 4 years and I had my fair share of time dealing with downtown and the University crowds, so I'm not a fan of making my way into the cities. I'm okay with making it out to MOA, but don't plan on going there just off of my request. I can't guarantee I'd be able to make it out. Just putting my two cents out there for you.

-Aaron
Re: Minnesota 12/06/2016 02:32 PM CST
I work Saturdays on 10s. If it's at 9:30pm I could make it if we're going adult (late).

MOA is cool and easy. The Brewpub in south sounds cool. Grumpy's might be parking/seating tricy and Red Stag I don't think I've been.

-Jeramy
Re: Minnesota 12/06/2016 05:11 PM CST
Jeramy, can you do Sunday afternoons? Benihaha is only open until 10pm.

Northbound *is awesome* and I highly recommend people go there regardless. But it's not for lingering parties as it's small and can have hour-long waits in the evenings. Sunday afternoons are usually pretty quiet.

Grumpys is typicallyfine on space and parking anytime Saturday and Sunday if there aren't events at the stadium. I can reserve a side room there if there's more than 5 of us (or grab the stage).

I've never been to Red Stag either. Just threw it out there as an idea.
Re: Minnesota 12/06/2016 05:21 PM CST
Sundays are wide open usually. Barring the normal two children consideration.
Re: Minnesota 12/12/2016 10:02 AM CST
Derp. Moving to Sunday, Jan 22; forgot Jan 15 was my anniversary.