About bloody time 11/18/2016 03:28 PM CST
My inanimate actors: take wing!
On winds of delight
Perform your pirouettes
Little snowflakes: gather 'round!
For Winter has come
Your time is now

~Formerly Naamit, who went dancing this week. Enjoy!!
Re: About bloody time 11/18/2016 03:46 PM CST
Blah - keep the snow out!

At least the Twin Cities is only getting a dusting so my drive home won't be terrible.....I think it's tapered off now by me. NW of here, 6+ inches of white crap. I hate snow. I love the cold.

-Drumpel
Re: About bloody time 11/18/2016 03:58 PM CST

What!? AH, this is great! The trees and power lines around Minneapolis are frozen solid. The wind has picked up enough that they're coming down. And we're still getting thunder even though it's snowing. Now if only we could get a foot of snow in Minneapolis proper. THEN I'd be giddy.

~Formerly Naamit, doing a little jig in glee.
Re: About bloody time 11/18/2016 05:45 PM CST

>>And we're still getting thunder even though it's snowing.

ThunderSnow!

Awesome!

About a year ago, during Winter Storm Thor appropriately enough, I contrived a quick little ditty to be sung to the tune "UnderDog", titled "ThunderSnow". The ditty is at http://hubpages.com/education/Thor-and-Global-Warming, along with some talk about global warming, and a link to a video of Jim Cantore going nuts over thundersnow.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: About bloody time 11/18/2016 05:46 PM CST

and yup ... sorry ... that was way off topic.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: About bloody time 11/18/2016 08:07 PM CST
>What!? AH, this is great! The trees and power lines around Minneapolis are frozen solid. The wind has picked up enough that they're coming down. And we're still getting thunder even though it's snowing. Now if only we could get a foot of snow in Minneapolis proper. THEN I'd be giddy.

I got stranded in Duluth years back (it was in 2001 I believe) for 2 days due to a massive freezing rain storm. An inch of ice or more on everything. That was awesome. It got me out of work for 2 days.

Only time I've really enjoyed the snow was 6-7 years back it rained and left about half an inch of ice on the streets and was followed by 6-8 inches of snow. I put on my winter walking attire and took my two huskies out. We'd get a running start and I'd stop running and just let them pull me down the middle of the road for about half a mile at time. They loved it.

Otherwise, I hate snow and I'm not ready for any large quantities of snow fall here in the cities. It can snow just in Minneapolis for you, I'm okay with that since I rarely venture there. Keep it out of Shakopee and I'm happy.

-Drumpel