Kickstarter Project Worth a Peek 03/15/2012 06:01 PM CDT
Apparently there's a local guy looking to get the funding for a geeky bar.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/951947596/the-8-bit-bar-st-louiss-geek-bar

Full details on the project page, but some of the things they're looking to do:

* Create Your Own Dining Experience by Bringing in Food From Wherever You Want
* 15-20 Classic Arcade Games - Think Ms. Pacman, Galaga and Donkey Kong with a consistent high-score leader board in the bar and online
* Free Wi-Fi
* Weekly Presentations from Local Scientists, Researchers, and Professors
* A Free Library of Books For You to Enjoy
* A Selection of Awesome Board Games - Think Chess, Settlers of Catan, Risk, Puerto Rico, Battlestar Galactica, Munchkin, and Game of Thrones

I just jumped in as a backer, and now I challenge all our minions all over the world (i.e., you guys) to kick in at least 5 bux each and if this place gets funded, we'll try to do something there for SimuCon 2013. Even if you can't make it, for 15 bux you can secure a place for your character on their wall (and on their website) and get a cool pint glass, too.

Solomon
Re: Kickstarter Project Worth a Peek 03/16/2012 10:51 AM CDT

Interesting Bubba,

I might be interested in taking a position as I already own a mobile gaming company franchise called Games2U (www.games2u.com) and it might be worth franchising it and expanding.

I'll sign a confidentiality agreement to look at their business plan and I have an angel investor group I work with which could supply funding.

Please have them contact me.

~Paul
Re: Kickstarter Project Worth a Peek 03/16/2012 05:36 PM CDT
I have no relationship/affiliation with them. I'm sure you can drop him a message on Kickstarter.

Solomon
Re: Kickstarter Project Worth a Peek 03/16/2012 09:29 PM CDT

Ahhh, ok, I thought you had more of an affiliation with them posting it here to raise capital.

I'll drop the founder a message as I chatted it up this morning @ breakfast with a bank VP i do business with to get a credit line for games2u, and she was intrigued and fired it off to my circle.

Franchising it would make the most sense to expand and grow the company in the mid 6 figures to start as you'd have to have a proof of concept, then create a FDD (franchise disclosure document) and systems that could be replicated, but I think what they have is amazing for a college town. Sure, based on their webpage it could be easily done, but something easily clone able is the fastest way to make it huge.

Thanks for the info Bubba, hopefully can find some interest. I been investing in some startups as well as my own.

Cordially,

~Paul