Price check - 6x Hook-Knife 10/02/2011 01:54 PM CDT

Curious what sort of price a 6x fearsome crit weighted Hook-knife would have. I'm not a brawler, and have it collecting dust in a locker. Thought I'd see if there was any interest that would make it worth while to sell.

Lord Jesp
Re: Price check - 6x Hook-Knife 10/02/2011 03:24 PM CDT

Well, hook knives pretty much suck vs heavier armors; on the other hand they are fast and very aimable. I suspect it would be of most interest to a rogue or ranger who uses brawling weapons and ambushes as a combat style. The value? Probably similar to a 6x dagger with that sort of crit weighting.

As to a specific amount, I haven't really a clue. I do have a brawling rogue who ambushes, although she prefers sais for that. I'll toss out an offer of a million as a baseline starter. Basically, the value is whatever folks are willing to pay for it, so let's see where it goes from there.

Re: Price check - 6x Hook-Knife 10/02/2011 03:55 PM CDT
>The value? Probably similar to a 6x dagger with that sort of crit weighting.

Unlikely. Not even close in fact. The problem with hook knives is two-fold. They have terrible damage ratios, and they mostly slash which for ambushing the finer parts (eyes/head) is the worst sort of damage. My guess is you could get about 5 million out of it perhaps from an mstriking brawler but I feel like that's an optimistic guess.

Drew/Chiv

Proud inventor of the Droit ballista and the Droitapult.

Invasion canary in the coal mine.
Re: Price check - 6x Hook-Knife 10/02/2011 04:37 PM CDT

Thank you for the responses. Unfortunate that apparently hook-knifes apparently aren't terribly popular. Guess the bonus is that its already 6x and has heavy crit weighting on it.

Jesp