UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 11:14 AM CST
So I picked up a stack of feras tiger claws to have some fun with, and I've been hunting with them from time to time. They used to flare every few attacks. It was a really good time. For some reason, they haven't been flaring at all anymore. I've been through a few hunts without a single flare. It'll still flare if I attack regularly, but not if I punch or grapple.

I haven't been checking with my normal flaring weapons, as I use flaring handwraps too. I notice flares happen sometimes, but I haven't been logging whether it was from my weapon, or handwraps. I'll start looking now, but I've been using feras. It should be flaring every attack, or every few attacks with the handwrap vs weapon equation. Did that change? Do weapons not flare anymore in UCS? In a few hunts, I should have seen at least 1 flare.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 06:53 PM CST
I believe, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but the feras (and maybe other things, drake, etc.) start out flaring a LOT and then eventually wear down until they either... don't flare anymore or crumble. I forget which.

You pull some gold-stitched sanguine suede pants over your legs.
>
Your sense of faith and conviction wanes. You are less sure of yourself.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 07:03 PM CST
I thought feras flared every hit, until it crumbled, as compared to drake which flared randomly, and never wore off.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 07:29 PM CST
Was your target undead? If you have blessed gloves (or enough Voln steps) and a flaring weapon, you'll hit but without any benefit of the weapon.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 08:05 PM CST
Looks like it's a bug. The UCS compatible brawling weapons are no longer flaring. I tested feras tiger-claws and a couple of e-bladed weapons. No flares.

Handcoverings appear to be unaffected.

Mark
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 09:03 PM CST

You attempt to jab a kobold!
You have good positioning against a kobold.
UAF: 218 vs UDF: 40 = 2.000 (capped) * MM: 88 + d100: 28 = 204
... and hit for 20 points of damage!
Quick chop to elbow numbs right arm!
The kobold starts to favor her wounded arm!
Strike leaves foe vulnerable to a followup grapple attack!

Your zorchar slap-slasher emits a searing bolt of lightning!

... 15 points of damage!
Heavy shock to chest illuminates ribcage. Cool!
The kobold is stunned!
Roundtime: 3 sec

Works fine for me.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 09:31 PM CST
>Works fine for me. -Richard/Fjalar.

You must live a clean life ;)

I just tried again with a freshly e-bladed paingrip. 50 strikes with 0 flares. Changed creatures/weapons and still nada.

Mark
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 10:14 PM CST
Well, I guess it isn't just me, but apparently it isn't everyone.

I was hunting pra'edas and they're surely not undead. I even took a few swings normally to see the weapon flare, and sure enough, they flared every hit. I'll bug it in game and see what happens.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/27/2012 10:32 PM CST
>Well, I guess it isn't just me, but apparently it isn't everyone.

>I was hunting pra'edas and they're surely not undead. I even took a few swings normally to see the weapon flare, and sure enough, they flared every hit. I'll bug it in game and see what happens.

It doesn't look like a weapon issue. Dispelled the e-blade from the paingrip and blessed it. It successfully flared against undead.

I submitted a bug report earlier.

Mark
Re: UCS weapon flares? 12/31/2012 09:19 PM CST
I am having the same issue, but it is with my bard and his sonic weapon. I created a UACing bard and his sonic weapon won't flare. This is a significant problem for me. I have tested over 300 swings and no flare.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 01/01/2013 03:20 AM CST
I bugged a few days ago, and have gotten no response ... any word from anyone?
Re: UCS weapon flares? 01/01/2013 09:29 PM CST
I will fix the non-working flares in the next few days. I had to change equipment handling to fix some other issues, and I hadn't recognized that a particular type of handling mechanism was in use for those flaring systems. Oops.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 01/16/2013 09:11 AM CST
I am having the same issue, but it is with my bard and his sonic weapon. I created a UACing bard and his sonic weapon won't flare. This is a significant problem for me. I have tested over 300 swings and no flare.

Any word on this? I am finding the same thing with my bard. Sonic brawling weapon seems non-existent in his hands as far as UCS. Sad panda.

--Zizzle
Re: UCS weapon flares? 01/16/2013 11:34 AM CST
There is a GM post regarding this in this forum. Hopfully it will be fixed soon.

Jara
Re: UCS weapon flares? 01/16/2013 09:46 PM CST
I was a bit delayed, but sonic flares and eblade flares should be working again as of last night.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 01/20/2013 03:49 AM CST
I've been hunting with a feras tiger claw for quite some time, and have not seen any flares except for handwraps.

I started using a sonic cestus late into my hunt, and I haven't noticed a flare yet.

I'll keep hunting with a sonic weapon, and post if I get a flare.
Re: UCS weapon flares? 01/20/2013 04:33 AM CST
Sonic and ebladed weapons definitely are working ... thank you.
but my feras weapons still arent ... this makes me sad.