Since they haven't fixed the 'renew' verb... 08/20/2018 12:14 PM CDT
...which has been part of "Krakii's Big Laundry List of Bardic Stuff to Work On"...

...while I'm sitting here looking at moving into the Confluence, and I see that Huge Water Elementals can cast Mystic Impedance/1208 at folks, and prevent people from even preparing spells higher than 10th level...

...and I'm noting that 'renew' does not, in fact, PREPARE a new spell...
(I mind me of the time I had a spell prepped [shown in the 'casting hand' in the FE] in the Duskruin Arena, and I did a 'renew' of three different spell effects before I ever got around to doing a 'cast'...)

Well, this looks like just all KINDS of ripe for Bards to go rampaging through and ignoring this spell effect. Renew depression, renew disrupt, renew holdsong (beats the level limit anyhow), renew noise, whatever. (Would prevent Tonis, though.)

Am I mistakenly interpreting anything?
Re: Since they haven't fixed the 'renew' verb... 08/21/2018 02:25 PM CDT
Yeah the mystic impedence is annoying in the confluence, you can still renew 1001, 1015, and 1030, but it can be problematic if it happens near your auto renewal. I found that crystalline prisms make me immune to the spell so I've been hoarding those for my confluence hunts.

Archales