Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/14/2018 10:15 AM CDT
...any possibility that the first two Sonic Equipment (weapon, shield) could be modified to include:
- Weapon gain the ability to be done as UAC handwraps (benefiting from full Enchant and flare capabilities), and
- Shield gain the ability to be done as UAC footwraps (benefiting from full Enchant--but currently no flares--for the 'kick')?

About the only thing that could make me consider ducking out of the full-on SorcerBard that I'm at right now, is a stupidly-powerful air-flaring 1s [Tonis] UCS Punching MStriking Brawling madness Bard. :)
Re: Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/14/2018 03:00 PM CDT
>About the only thing that could make me consider ducking out of the full-on SorcerBard that I'm at right now, is a stupidly-powerful air-flaring 1s [Tonis] UCS Punching MStriking Brawling madness Bard.

I want to watch that bard in the Arena! :)

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/14/2018 03:07 PM CDT
Which, where I am now or the Whirling Dervish?
Re: Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/14/2018 10:37 PM CDT
>>About the only thing that could make me consider ducking out of the full-on SorcerBard that I'm at right now, is a stupidly-powerful air-flaring 1s [Tonis] UCS Punching MStriking Brawling madness Bard. -Krakii

>I want to watch that bard in the Arena! -Luxelle

It's a fun and spammy build even without Tonis. I'm really looking forward to adding Tonis to the mix someday, but it'll be a few levels. :/

+2 for sonic gloves/boots, or some manner of overlay that is not just holding a UCS-compatible sonic weapon as it is now.

--some UAC bard.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/15/2018 12:02 AM CDT
>Which, where I am now or the Whirling Dervish?

ALL of the above. Plus whatever Mister G....some anonymous UAC Bard has up his sleeve.

:)

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"

Re: Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/15/2018 12:10 AM CDT
>Plus whatever Mister G....some anonymous UAC Bard has up his sleeve. -L

I want to respond to this with 'his fists' but that would imply his sleeves are too long. >_>

-G

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/15/2018 09:06 AM CDT
"I want to respond to this with 'his fists' but that would imply his sleeves are too long." -- Mourne

There is an actual device that we use when running Judo tournaments, where we check the length of the sleeves & pant legs to make sure they are not too long nor too short. (Have to have enough length to permit the opponent to grip onto.)

I'll be happy to log something from a hunt to show you what I'm doing now. Be a good example for Unravel that we've talked about off and on, too. (Note: I do not do my Unravel's from Offensive. :) More likely to email that to you than post it, though, unless other folks have any interest.

For the Whirling Dervish, there really is very little difference between Brawling and a fast 1HEdged, so it would look the same as me using a Sonic Short Sword (with Tonis and a gob of flares). <shrug> Lets me benefit from Sonic Shield while I'm at it.
I've seen (and done) fast melee with flares, so that's nothing special. :)
Re: Seeing the annual FixSkills coming around the corner... 05/15/2018 01:07 PM CDT
>I want to respond to this with 'his fists' but that would imply his sleeves are too long.

I found that shirt in OTF last night: a loose white silk shirt with oversized ruffles. :)

---
;tune towncrier