Of Lornon bards and exclusion. 03/29/2018 10:29 AM CDT
I brought this up on the Discord but was pretty quickly shut down.

Also, I'm pretty new to all things bard so if this is an argument as old as time and I'm beating a dead horse, just let me know.

The spellsongs 1007 and 1035 are exclusionary to Lornon-leaning bards. My new bard has absolutely no desire to sing of Kai's Triumphs. And though I'm not of level yet, will most likely have no idea to sing a song honoring Tonis, though admittedly Tonis is much more palatable than Kai.

An easy answer is to just not utilize those songs, and that's valid from a roleplaying standpoint, but from a mechanical standpoint, both songs, to my knowledge, are a vital part of a bard's spellsong repertoire. These aren't 'may use' spells like 1016/1017.
Re: Of Lornon bards and exclusion. 03/29/2018 12:45 PM CDT
From a roleplaying standpoint you could also look at the singing of those spells from a bad standpoint. Just because you're singing of "Kia's Triumphs" doesn't necessarily mean your character is putting Kai in a good light. Your songs could be RP'd to be putting him in a bad light instead.

There's definitely ways to make it work RP-wise without absolutely not using said spellsongs and missing out on the mechanical benefits.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Of Lornon bards and exclusion. 03/29/2018 01:20 PM CDT
Another option might be to RP that Kai and Tonis are such simple minded Arkati that they are appeased by any song praising them regardless of the content or ridiculousness. In essence you're sarcastically mocking them every time you utilize those songs.

I'm not sure, but it might be possible to get a custom spell prep at some point to do what you're looking for possibly.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Of Lornon bards and exclusion. 03/29/2018 01:29 PM CDT
Brave brave brave Sir Robin!

Kai's Triumph! ...over the manure pile in Sheru's stable.

Kai's Triumph! ...at "keeping order" by locking the granaries in Ta'Faendryl when the crèche children were starving.

Kai's Triumph! ...in melee combat, when he stabbed Marlu in a dorsal location.
Re: Of Lornon bards and exclusion. 03/30/2018 11:22 AM CDT

You could reroll as a rogue, and get a peacock hat and other bard trappings.