1050 Spell Concept: Song of Synergies 03/23/2017 04:43 PM CDT

Song of Synergies is a running spell which gives the Bard the ability to 'tune-in' to a critter's traits and develop a set of temporary skills from the critters skillset. So for example the Bard runs into a Shan Sorcerer and when the Sorc attacks, the Bard absorbs the energy from the spell and weaves it into their spellsong! After a few seconds, the Bard finds they can cast Blood Burst (with a pitiful CS of course) and they temporarily know 103, 102...this climbs if the Sorcerer continues to live and the Bard survives long enough so that eventually the Bard may achieve high powered results such as Boil Earth knowledge. They run into a group of Bandits and one of them does a Cman on the Bard. The Bard's song absorbs the matrix and continues to churn with the qualities of the Bard so that the knowledge eventually occurs to the Bard and they may do the same Cman at about the same skill level. The Bard goes to Storm Giants and deals with a group of 9 Stormies which is in a group with six adventurers. The Bard asks to join, they accept the Bard and they hack away at them as skeletals appear. The Stormies gas cloud, Call Wind, Stomp. The fight goes on for a while and the Bard is able to stomp, call wind and gas. Once the battle is over, the effect wears off and the Bard is back to basics they already know.

This may sound overpowered but the Bard could really use a shiny new toy and this would be a delicious meal for them. *Endless variety* of attack choices and a lot of fun with the magics. I feel there could be a threshold for training up to certain spell level ranks for self-knowledge, of course a difference for Spirit, Mental, etc. versus Elementals which can have a very high limit like Level 25 or something. It would be awesome to see the Bard pull out a 103 during a fight with a Cleric or a Haste from a Wizard.

25 to renew, 50+ skill level mod to cast. I would imagine training in other lores from other circles might make it easier to adapt to learning spells from other circles, so Transformation lore of 10 might give them an extra rank of ability to absorb and use an Empath spell. Harness Power in my opinion would be a giant training boost since this is all about harnessing overall mana power and converting it through EMC, so EMC+HP heavy casters will be able to really heighten their use of 1050.

For casters this is obviously a boon since you can use a lot more magic and take advantage of the path for a semi-caster which will increase potency. For swingers it gives a lot of Cmans and interesting choices for use of their mana/magic.

Another thing which would be essential would be the influence of the energy of the absorption triggers slightly modified stats, so if they are fighting a Crystal Golem they might see a big boost to strength and constitution (say +2 each bonus). Also skills, so if a Rogue is absorbed they suddenly have hiding/stalking skills! It could be a really interesting and fun kind of spell.
Re: 1050 Spell Concept: Song of Synergies 03/23/2017 04:46 PM CDT
Tie-in with Mental Lore:Telepathy (as you perform the Vulcan mind meld with the creature).

For spells & spell effects, perhaps a tie-in with using Unravel (like "I Drain Your Magic!") against the target.
Re: 1050 Spell Concept: Song of Synergies 09/15/2017 09:56 AM CDT
<"I Drain Your Magic!">

All your magic are belong to us!

-Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."