Loresong question 11/23/2016 07:20 PM CST
Hello. I have these leathers, that I either bought or found (can't remember) quite awhile ago. I was pretty sure they had degraded, but when I sang to them, it said this (and still does):

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the full leather in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the leather serves to protect from magical attacks.
The leather resonates with your voice, revealing some details of its temporary enhancement:
The leather's enhancement will degrade when the wearer is struck in combat.
It should be able to withstand an incredible amount of uses before its enhancement has completely degraded away.
When its enhancement has degraded away, the item will simply return to normal.

As your song penetrates the full leather, you determine that it is moderately resistant to shocking attacks and slightly resistant to impact attacks.

I've had two warriors check and the padding is completely gone. Should my loresong reflect that or do we need to have them assessed by warriors every so often? The main problem I am finding with this is, if someone just bought some armor and wanted it sung to, I would tell them it has an incredible amount of charges, when in actuality, it could be just like these leathers, completely degraded. Is this how the loresong should work? Should you just tell someone what your song said, but go get it checked by a warrior to make sure it still has the padding? Seems like double work, in a way. I honestly can't remember if it said, when I first got them, they are "slightly resistant to impact attacks" which could be telling me the padding is gone, but not sure. Just wanted to ask here, before I assisted on it. Thanks!

Re: Loresong question 11/23/2016 08:19 PM CST
The "serves to protect from magical attack" isn't padding, but a +TD bonus, which I don't think would show up if a warrior assessed it.

Fyonn's player
Re: Loresong question 11/23/2016 08:32 PM CST

>>The "serves to protect from magical attack" isn't padding, but a +TD bonus, which I don't think would show up if a warrior assessed it.

>>

>>Fyonn's player

Yeah, I am assuming that goes with the "it is moderately resistant to shocking attacks" part. I am mainly concerned about the padding line.
Re: Loresong question 11/23/2016 09:22 PM CST
>I am mainly concerned about the padding line.

There's no padding there, just TD and resistances. Padding looks like this (from the wiki):

The harmonics generated tell you that the leathers serves to reduce the severity of inflicted wounds. (crit padding)
The harmonics generated tell you that the chain serves to protect from additional damage. (damage padding)

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Loresong question 11/23/2016 09:59 PM CST
This brings me to a question I've had since the Loresinging charge last April.

Exactly WHICH property of that set of leathers is temporary?

It has not been clear at all to me.

~L

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Loresong question 11/23/2016 11:50 PM CST
>This brings me to a question I've had since the Loresinging charge last April. Exactly WHICH property of that set of leathers is temporary? It has not been clear at all to me. - Luxelle

I've had the same confusion. I've sung to a couple pieces where I interpreted the first property listed in the fourth verse as temporary because the formatting seemed to indicate the temp details went with it rather than with the resistances listed further down, only to later hear that (padding example) the warrior brought in to assess supposedly temp padding asserted that the padding was perm. I have absolutely no idea how to read those situations.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Loresong question 11/24/2016 09:55 AM CST
I explain to the person who handed me the item to sing that there's been a confusion since things were "clarified" in April and that either one of the properties, or all of them, are temporary.

With knowledge comes ... room to debate?

There's another funky thing a loresong does now, after telling you it is a perfectly normal imbeddible thing ...

it then goes all blurry and tells you it can't figure out the spell in it. You know, as if it were THAT high level spell nobody can hear in a song...

They never did that before the April changes either.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Loresong question 11/24/2016 05:50 PM CST
I guess I'm explaining it wrong, but now Luxelle's question has me wondering. Now I am questioning a bunch of things. Ha! All I know it was heavily temp padded and now there is no padding. I just assumed that was the part that degraded away. I am seeing what others are saying about the TD line, etc... So, never mind! : ) Whole other can of worms opened up for me.

Thanks!
Re: Loresong question 11/24/2016 07:53 PM CST
>> Whole other can of worms opened up for me.

+100

---
Re: Loresong question 11/25/2016 03:47 PM CST

It could be clearer on which aspect is temp, that's for sure.

While I haven't seen that messaging for a spell, I'm assuming it's 1750.

Also, the rumbling for verse 3? Super annoying.