ELR worked for Slow (and 'that Paladin thing'), too! 09/01/2015 02:36 PM CDT
So how 'bout some lovin' for Song of Depression/1015?

GS4-KONACON
HSN: Pious Trial (1602) Updated! on 09/01/2015 12:55 PM EDT #911

Hi everybody!

You're looking over at the Wizard folder and you see that Slow (504) has just been updated to apply 3 seconds of RT to the targets of successful casts of the spell. You wish this could get applied to Pious Trial, because that would be cool. Well, okay! Let's do it.

- When a target is successfully hit with the spell Pious Trial (and is not already affected by the spell), it will now be instantly given 3 seconds of roundtime.

~ Konacon

KRAKII
Re: HSN: Pious Trial (1602) Updated! on 09/01/2015 01:11 PM EDT #912

Errr... WOW!

To say that I wasn't expecting to see the Paladin spell updated from the Elemental fun, is to state the obvious.

However, since you did do that...

Konacon, any chance of getting the nice "instant-RT" added onto Song of Depression/1015, as well? Since it causes a slow effect at base, and the Lore additions give the possibility of an additional five seconds' effect, too.

Thanks!
Re: ELR worked for Slow (and 'that Paladin thing'), too! 09/01/2015 02:53 PM CDT
Yeah it would be nice for them to throw us a bone during this ELR, I would also like to see the lethal side effects of 1018 lessened similar to how they did for 418.

Archales
Re: ELR worked for Slow (and 'that Paladin thing'), too! 09/01/2015 04:46 PM CDT
I'd be happy if they only applied the crit reduction to the damage done to other players on a 1018 failure. Killing 6 people and having a 3+ million silver fine is a little much.

1015 is a different story though. With the renew cost being as low as it is, the TD pushdown, and the fact it inherently hits unlimited targets I find plenty of use for it even without any applicable lore and without it having an immediate RT impact. Not that I wouldn't be opposed to random buffs mind you.

Tal.
Re: ELR worked for Slow (and 'that Paladin thing'), too! 05/25/2017 11:18 AM CDT
I'd still like to see Depression/1015 get to add its RT upon successful casting, same as the other two effects.

Just sayin'.

"+ Song of Depression/1015 should inflict its RT ("to include ML:Telepathy bonus" would be nice, but since Slow doesn't either...) upon success, just like Slow/504. It's three (nearly 4!) times the level, even if it is a mass-effect, and seven (nearly 8!) times the level of Pious Trial.
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Bards/Bard%20Magic,%20Spells,%20and%20Spellsongs/view/539 " -- Me, in my summary post #546
Re: ELR worked for Slow (and 'that Paladin thing'), too! 05/25/2017 11:51 AM CDT
+1

Archales