Curious about skill migration rate 05/29/2014 05:22 AM CDT
I'm unlearning some MnE to boost bard spell ranks. The "Time to Goal" keeps going up. What I thought would take 13 days, now is at 16 days. Can anyone explain this process in greater detail? Or point me to a place that can?

Thank you for your time.
Re: Curious about skill migration rate 05/29/2014 08:41 AM CDT
I couldn't find a writeup on Krakii about this but basically during any 30 day period, after a certain number of training points are migrated (60 or so) the rate of migration drops down to a much slower rate. I've never found the Time to Goal to be very accurate but if you type SKILLS FAQ in game that might give you some basic information.

-- Robert
Re: Curious about skill migration rate 05/29/2014 09:07 AM CDT
And that's not a specific fixed 30-day period, it's "2,592,000 seconds, starting when you click the button to make things migrate."
(That's 30 [days] * 24 [hours] * 60 [minutes] * 60 [seconds].)
Re: Curious about skill migration rate 05/29/2014 09:11 AM CDT
Thanks for your help.

Looks like it will take me seventeen years to swap 5 spells. Luckily no one started playing Gemstone for instant gratification! I just want song of noise, sweet sweet song of noise.
Re: Curious about skill migration rate 05/29/2014 01:31 PM CDT
Ahhh, but at the end of each month (where 'month' == 30 days, so it happens more than 12 times per year [12-1/6th, actually]) the speed kicks up again.

Spell Research has the single highest training point cost in the game, so they will take the longest to migrate (either direction: dropping them to learn other stuff, or dropping other ranks to learn more spells). Most people usually recommend un/learning ONE spell at a time, so that you don't see ridiculous migration times for weeks on end.

Also note, of course, that there is (now) an annual FixSkills that you can use to mass-reset all of your skills....