Sonic Armor - Spell Failure? 04/23/2013 01:32 PM CDT
Does Sonic Armor give spell failure?

Thanks!
Re: Sonic Armor - Spell Failure? 04/23/2013 01:40 PM CDT
Yes, though, as always, Bard spellsong failure has no negative consequences -- no wasted mana or RT.
Re: Sonic Armor - Spell Failure? 04/23/2013 01:51 PM CDT

>> Yes, though, as always, Bard spellsong failure has no negative consequences -- no wasted mana or RT.

Very cool. I had no idea.
Re: Sonic Armor - Spell Failure? 04/24/2013 09:57 PM CDT
Sonic armor is armor. Armor has spell hindrance and thus so does sonic armor. You want to be trained for the armor you wear whether it is physical or sung.

As for bardsong failure due to hindrance, indicating there is no downside would be false. While it is true that one does not lose mana or gain RT, there is the human factor of needing to react to the fact your song failed, needs recasting and such. This does take time and it can cause a negative situation, such as death. I suspect that is rare and it is certainly a benefit to bards, but spell hindrance failure is not a neutral or good event. It is always negative.

~Galenok
Re: Sonic Armor - Spell Failure? 04/25/2013 12:19 AM CDT
<<<As for bardsong failure due to hindrance, indicating there is no downside would be false. While it is true that one does not lose mana or gain RT, there is the human factor of needing to react to the fact your song failed, needs recasting and such. This does take time and it can cause a negative situation, such as death. I suspect that is rare and it is certainly a benefit to bards, but spell hindrance failure is not a neutral or good event. It is always negative.>>>

Quite true. Plus, botching an ewave at a critical moment is enough to make you seriously reconsider armor hindrance.

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Sonic Armor - Spell Failure? 04/25/2013 12:26 AM CDT
>>As for bardsong failure due to hindrance, indicating there is no downside would be false. While it is true that one does not lose mana or gain RT, there is the human factor of needing to react to the fact your song failed, needs recasting and such. This does take time and it can cause a negative situation, such as death. I suspect that is rare and it is certainly a benefit to bards, but spell hindrance failure is not a neutral or good event. It is always negative.

While this is true, it's trivial to write a script to automatically recast a bardsong until it succeeds, which minimizes the negative consequences of that failed cast.