Song renewal 07/05/2012 07:24 PM CDT
I just noticed that when my songs automatically renew it will send me into shock if I don't have the necessary mana. This makes script-hunting considerably difficult. Is there a way to turn off this auto-renew feature? Alternatively, am I just doing something wrong? Thanks!
Re: Song renewal 07/05/2012 07:33 PM CDT
You can manually renew them yourself before it is their time to renew. It will cost the same amount of mana. The other option is to stop them before they renew and then re-cast. But that option will always cost more mana to start back singing them up again.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Song renewal 07/05/2012 09:40 PM CDT
The best thing to do is to not sing more songs than you are capable of renewing. That simply has to be taken into account. You might be better off dropping a song in your set if you can't keep up. This happens a lot to bards that learn just spellsongs early on and they sing all the songs they know...just doesn't work because of the renewal penalties. If you are level 20, you probably shouldn't be singing 1019, yet, for example.

~Galenok
Re: Song renewal 07/08/2012 10:11 PM CDT
I don't think that really addresses the issue. I'm assuming this is for Shattered, where afk script hunting is allowed (if it's for Prime, then just pay attention to your mana and renewal timer =P).

I don't know of a clean way to handle what you're referring to, CASALP, but I'm completely unversed in the ways of Ruby. I know there's a function to check your remaining mana, but I think it's more for checking you don't manually cast a spell that you don't have enough mana for. If I knew what I was doing and were trying to write a script for this, it would probably look something like this:

While renewal time < 2:30
If mana < renewal cost
stop using mana

Not sure how much mana you generally use per creature, but if you can get by on the above logic, I'm pretty sure it would prevent you from ever frying yourself on an auto renewal.

~ Lumi