Yeah, I'm gunna be a real jerk about this.. 09/06/2004 11:00 AM CDT
I just happened to be reading through the old announcements.

From August 4th:

---
8/4/2004 AUGUST IS KATANA MONTH!
The Age of the Katana has come to GemStone IV! This month, quest for the "Flower of the Erithi", the Elanthian Katana.
MORE!
A number of releases didn't make it for Hot Summer Nights. So enjoy the following releases during the month of August.

ESP Upgrade
Alternate Experience Gain
Improved Travel Systems (Part I - Guides)
Coup de Grace Maneuver
Spell Improvements: Disintigrate, 118, 115
New Spells: Animate Dead, Empathic Assault, 217, 317
Creature Spell Fixes
Erithian Gems Document
Death Penalties
---

OK, so a bunch of late HSN releases got pushed into Katana month. Not a big deal.

I've highlighted those HSN holdovers that actually did go live during Katana month:
Two out of 14.

It's possible I might have missed one or two that did go live.

My point: releases that are late are usually late for a reason! There's a fair to middlin chance that what ever fubar'd the original schedule is going to keep messing with the revised schedule as well (just look at the Lock Mastery, which was supposed to be released 'within a week' two years ago as the poster boy for that concept.) Although it won't be well received, it might be better to say that late releases are encountering unforseen problems, and will be released when ready. I'd rather hear that than repeated 'it will be out on so-and-so' schedules which are missed.

To be fair, however, all of the Katana Month items in that announcement were indeed released during Katana Month! Kudos to those involved for meeting those schedules.

--Tsoran
(Koldeen's shop is in the Solhaven spiral just past the third steps)
http://www.tsoran.com/
tsoran@tsoran.com
AIM: GSTsoran
Re: Yeah, I'm gunna be a real jerk about this.. 09/06/2004 07:04 PM CDT
Well Tsoran, I posted this same thing and got nothing for a response. The only thing I can suggest is reading the Good Bad and Ugly folder in the Discussions with Simutronics area. There were explanations for a few items there... (Gems Document, Coup de Grace, and the Alternate Experience Gain. As well, Nilven told us in the sorcerer's folder that Animate Dead would likely not be out in August but rather in September.) All in all, I agree with you though.

Rontuu
Re: Yeah, I'm gunna be a real jerk about this.. 09/06/2004 07:56 PM CDT
So is the GM in charge of this weaponsmith going to come forward and say anything or are we going to be subjected to the irrelvant opinions of other GMs who have no control over the situation?

I also agree with Tsoran, that the ratio of things promised to be released compared to systems that actually get released is getting a bit absurd. Release dates at Simutronics but have a differnet definition, such as deadline means two more months atleast.
Re: Yeah, I'm gunna be a real jerk about this.. 09/06/2004 07:59 PM CDT
>I also agree with Tsoran, that the ratio of things promised to be released compared to systems that actually get released is getting a bit absurd.

That is not what I said.

--Tsoran
(Koldeen's shop is in the Solhaven spiral just past the third steps)
http://www.tsoran.com/
tsoran@tsoran.com
AIM: GSTsoran