How does one choose a deity? 09/27/2011 02:38 PM CDT
Like title says...I would appreciate any comments on how to proceed on this matter.

Thanks in advance
Re: How does one choose a deity? 09/27/2011 02:43 PM CDT
You can type CONVERT in game to be able to see a list of Arkati and set your choice. Do be careful with your choice though, you can only manually set your deity alignment once this way.

~Nebhrail, The Reaper
Plat Minion
River's Rest Guru
Half-Elf Guru
Half-Krolvin Guru
Re: How does one choose a deity? 09/27/2011 05:00 PM CDT

Do you mean in a mechanical or a philosophical sort of way?
Re: How does one choose a deity? 09/27/2011 09:24 PM CDT
I HIGHLY encourage you to goto the HOME page and find the Gemstone IV Deity Documents and read up on who is who if you haven't yet and your question is seeking advice on who to select.

The HOW is as stated earlier, with the CONVERT and a CONFIRM.

On that note, just to the PTBs...

I appreciate that this selection is HUGELY important, but considering that for clerics you have to pick one to use 302 on living as well as dead (please correct me if Im wrong, but I don't think my little cleric was able to cast 302 at living until conversion), can clerics get ONE conversion change option available say, up to level 21? If you don't use it by 21 then, you lose it.

By title, I'd hope clerics would have an idea of who they are, and who's called to them.

OR, perhaps easier? Allow 302 to take 4 manna regardless of living or undead and give the casting cleric some time to decide.

Thank you!

Zenaxa
One of Three

A black-billed nightingale examines you carefully then says, "With all the vicious creatures we've got threatening the city, I would think that a person with your skills could find plenty to do."
Re: How does one choose a deity? 09/30/2011 05:18 PM CDT
<<OR, perhaps easier? Allow 302 to take 4 manna regardless of living or undead and give the casting cleric some time to decide.

This actually makes a lot of sense to me. Since other cleric spells are now influenced by convert status, this one should be as well. (And yes, I mean more than the result being smite/bane) Whether the spell takes 2 or 4 should be determined by the deity, not 'just because'..