Any plans to fix crossbows? 09/07/2017 05:55 AM CDT
Does anyone disagree that there is a huge problems with crossbows? Taking into account cocking roundtimes, heavy crossbows have one of the highest round times in the game resulting in a very low DPS. On top of that, they nerfed crossbow kneeling from +50 to +30 somewhere along the way. Are there any plans to fix crossbows?

I wish GMs would quit trying to fix an entire broken weapon class by releasing new in-game items (such as the mechanical crossbows) - this is a band-aid at best and does nothing to improve the game as a whole.
Re: Any plans to fix crossbows? 09/07/2017 04:12 PM CDT
<Taking into account cocking roundtimes, heavy crossbows have one of the highest round times in the game resulting in a very low DPS>

Unless you're a hasted wizard (or whatever strategy they use since HSN), the key to any ranged weapon is crit damage, not DPS. This is why they're mostly used by rogues and rangers that can afford the training to reliably aim for the eyes.

A crossbow's strength wasn't speed, it was that they can be used by anyone with minimal training... unlike a bow that requires years of practice to become proficient but could be fired quickly. I could see being able to AIM them more easily with less training or a bump to their DF (a heavy crossbow should def have a higher DF then a longbow across the board, esp at the close ranges of fights in GS), but I don't have a problem with their DPS.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Any plans to fix crossbows? 09/18/2017 08:28 AM CDT

That seems to be reflected in the higher AVD's of crossbows to their counterparts, although even that is relatively minimal.

Aurach